Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Been told work on the north stand expansion starts next year. And it includes a hotel. Is this common knowledge?

We all know how it works. ;-)

I appreciate you can’t and won’t name your source.

But, can you at least tell us if the information came from a person inside or outside the club? If not, OK.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Went to Munich this week. Got some pictures of the Olympic Park, the Olympic Stadium, and the Olympic tower from the top of the hill, which is the highest point in Munich.

Folly or not, it would be good to have a viewing tower/platform on the Etihad Campus as it would afford great views of the Etihad Stadium, the CFA, the city centre skyline, and Gtr Manchester. It would make a great tourist attraction.

I’ll post the pictures when I sort my phone out.

The stadium is going to look so much better when it's symmetrical but I'm going to lose the view of the pennines from my seat in the south stand 3rd.

Went to Munich this week. Got some pictures of the Olympic Park, the Olympic Stadium, and the Olympic tower from the top of the hill, which is the highest point in Munich.

Folly or not, it would be good to have a viewing tower/platform on the Etihad Campus as it would afford great views of the Etihad Stadium, the CFA, the city centre skyline, and Gtr Manchester. It would make a great tourist attraction.

I’ll post the pictures when I sort my phone out.
whats-that-place-over-there-thats-liverpool-simba-never-go-there.jpg

The arena is currently running roughly four months behind and there will be no stadium expansion until that is completed first.

Lads have been waiting on the arena job to start the cladding but a lot of the steel and materials are slow in the supply chain.

Build costs have spiralled in the past 6 months. I work in housebuilding and a site we'd bid on in March but came 2nd on has come back to the table and our offer is now now around £5m less (c20% reduction) to cover off the increase in build costs and general nervousness around that upward trend and supply issues. We don't use steel either but I know from a railway bridge project I was working on there are major shortages due to Ukraine/Russia and it's only going to go one way. It might be something the club park until costs reduce. Am I right in thinking these costs now come out of the FFP pot?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.