Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

As a club, we would make more money if we developed the whole site and made it an all-week destination for people at the moment it is only a destination for a select bunch of athletes building the arena is a massive step forward in all week destination but the rest of the site needs to be developed to support it. Loads of good points above we need we new younger fans to join the club this can be done by two routes buying players like Haaland so creating a draw to the club or by mum and dad are taking them to the newly developed Collar site and the young kids seeing the amazing stadium and facilities look at what Manchester United did by branding their stadium"Theater of Dreams" this creates all week football tourism just like when you go the Nou Camp and its village as well. Barcelona and Real Madrid have noticed this and this is why they are spending billions on their stadiums and the surrounding areas to lock in people who visit their stadiums by having bars etc next to the ground and having an arena to attract more people to the area look at the world most expensive stadium the world the SOFI stadium is LA is not just a stadium it's a complex that has an arena, a lake offices and bars restaurants so creating it own all day footfall, look at this slick marketing used by the LA Rams towards there stadium

I’m not sure if you are new to this thread but there are a few hundred pages and load of photos about an arena they are currently building next door to the Etihad.

Maybe take a few hours to read through all the thread from the start and you might realise there will be an extra 2,750,000 people per year on the site from the end of next year.

As for you using Old Trafford as an example…dearie me…..I presume you have never been there for a look at all their investment in the vicinity of the stadium

Lol, poor bloke. Good job we’re a completely different club to Colchester & not moving to a new ground then eh?
Was just pointing out that creating additional supply has no impact on the demand. There are many games where the hospitality sections are sparsely populated as it is.

I’m not sure if you are new to this thread but there are a few hundred pages and load of photos about an arena they are currently building next door to the Etihad.

Maybe take a few hours to read through all the thread from the start and you might realise there will be an extra 2,750,000 people per year on the site from the end of next year.

As for you using Old Trafford as an example…dearie me…..I presume you have never been there for a look at all their investment in the vicinity of the stadium
To be fair, Lou Macari's chip shop is quite a landmark ;)

Was just pointing out that creating additional supply has no impact on the demand. There are many games where the hospitality sections are sparsely populated as it is.
I take your point onboard mate, but shouldn’t we be catering for our games with the biggest demand, not our smallest demand?

If you think the club will stand by and watch the rags, dippers, and Chelsea increase capacity and not react I think your very wrong.

The owners are looking well beyond the tenure of Pep, the capacity needs and will be increased.

Make tickets easy to obtain and affordable, and for a majority of games the capacity will be filled.

I'm not sure how you interpreted my post as saying that. We're going to expand the NS and then, in the future, we'll probably do both side stands as well and replace the four corners creating something that's up near 80k. What I'm talking about is whether we could sell out hospitality across an entire second tier provision around the ground ala Club Wembley - as Tolmie mentioned earlier today. The main issues for me are that we have a rival the other side of town who, whilst facilities aren't as good, still compete with us for that market and also the fact it looks shite when it's half empty or when the corporates stay inside talking business rather than watching the football. It's always bothered me with Wembley. It's front and centre on camera and yet empty long before HT, long after the game re-starts and long before the final whistle. Bit like the Etihad then eh?! I've changed my mind!

I’d be pissed off if they made the north stand the south stand as I’d have to stand if I stood my ground and stayed in the same stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.