Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Having just watched the Tyson Fury promote the fight at the spurs ground, it got me thinking ?

Would it have been better to revamp the Etihad stadium and put a sliding roof on and have a 70,000 stadium for everything
Cheaper to build a new one Having spent upwards of £100m on South Stand it wouldn’t make sense to have to take the whole roof off build a structure to support a new sliding roof
Also Spurs have a pitch that slides out which wouldn’t be possible for us as it’s 7 meters below ground level

Yeah I am focused on us having the best stadium and surrounding area, the thread is called "

Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread"​

I am not bothered about some of the banter on here as I am only interested in the stadium and the surrounding area as it brings jobs and investment into the area and also would bring money into city as a club, giving City the 12th man is what is needed as city fans we all get shouted down for the emptyhad jokes but as a fanbase, you don't help yourself. Look at JRB he is spot on in his comments but gets shouted down, he is right with what he says about the new North Stand development, he was in Copenhagen but got shouted down for saying that we need to copy their fans with an ultra section in the stadium. As a club, you need to look at what other teams are doing where their stadium and their surrounding areas for their fans, the Americans are miles ahead of us regarding this. So that's why I post stuff about the NFL and MLS. If there is info about the site then it needs to be posted here as and fans we can discuss it in a nice way not calling people out

I think people on here do have reasonable conversation about new and different ideas , as long as those ideas are the same as their own. -)

Cheaper to build a new one Having spent upwards of £100m on South Stand it wouldn’t make sense to have to take the whole roof off build a structure to support a new sliding roof
Also Spurs have a pitch that slides out which wouldn’t be possible for us as it’s 7 meters below ground level
Lift ours up to form the roof, give the grass a nice airing at the same time.

I wonder if anybody has calculated the capacity of our stadium without seats and and the old barriers on the terraces similar to maine rd in the 30’s?
The German standing areas have 18 fans standing for every 10 seats (apparently we take up more room when stood than sat.
So for every 1,000 sat is 1,800 standing.....
5,000 is 9,000
10,000 is 18,000
So easy from that to work out what the capacity would be depending on how many seats you retain and the rest is standing

Having just watched the Tyson Fury promote the fight at the spurs ground, it got me thinking ?

Would it have been better to revamp the Etihad stadium and put a sliding roof on and have a 70,000 stadium for everything
It's not so much the roof but the pitch too.
You can't have an event on the current pitch such as boxing and then host a footy game a few days later.
Schalke O4 have a unique pitch that can be moved out of the stadium under the stand and then is outside getting the beautiful sunlight. Then the stadium inside can host any number of other sports on a hard surface or concerts etc and the next day be back playing on grass.
I think Spurs have 2 pitches, one plastic for the Yanky football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.