Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think anything is possible within reason and budget.

6000 extra seats added to the current NL2 capacity would take the Etihad capacity to 58,000. Not enough in my opinion.

8000 extra seats added to the current NL2 capacity would take the Eithad capacity to 60,000. The club may feel that's enough? That would be the current SSL3 added on to the current NSL2 with an additional 2000 seats. Impressive in size?

I'd like to see 10,000 seats added on to the current NL2. That would look great. That would take the Etihad capacity to the original proposed 62,000.

The Etihad doesn’t hold 52k. There are are just over 54k seats with the current set up. It gives us a match going capacity of about 53,500 taking into account seats lost for various reasons such as increased segregation etc.

I’m not sure the cable net is such a restriction. At the moment the original towers are partially within the stand at their base. There’s no reason why they couldn’t be fully within the North stand. On the South stand the original cables enter above the third tier. There’s no reason (apart from complexity and cost) those cables could not enter through a hole in the concrete tier itself, which would allow it to extend much further back.

Obviously, viewing would be affected by the cable net for those seats higher up, but they could be sold at a reduced price. Eventually the cable net will go, once the side stands are expanded.

It’s not ideal but it could be done.
"Obviously, viewing would be affected by the cable net for those seats higher up", I would put very good money on that NOT being a considered option.

Could the E & W roofs being replaced be brought forward? I hope so, they can then make the NSL3 deeper.

. There’s no reason (apart from complexity and cost) those cables could not enter through a hole in the concrete tier itself, which would allow it to extend much further back.

When you say ‘no reason’ it’s just not reality.

Did give me a chuckle just imagining these giant numerous cables coming through the middle of a tier and all the way across.

People would have climb over and around them and the views would mostly be restricted.

The Etihad doesn’t hold 52k. There are are just over 54k seats with the current set up. It gives us a match going capacity of about 53,500 taking into account seats lost for various reasons such as increased segregation etc.
The current capacity is 53,400 (53,000 for European games due to UEFA taking seats off us to have photographers standing at both ends even though we’ve got purpose built dug-outs for photographers so that doesn’t have to happen!).

It was 55,097 but we lost 1,697 seats when they put the daft massive advertising boards in because, you know, money is more important than fans!

Cannot see how it can possibly be more that 6000 seats. Which would mean - 58500 capacity instead of over 60k.

It will have to be an almost carbon copy of the South Stand due to cable net and not losing any capacity whilst it’s built
Carbon copy? No idea how I’ve missed the hotel in the South Stand ;)

The return in investment will happen. That isn't a problem or an issue. The club has a 250 year lease on the Etihad which includes expansion and redevelopment of the Etihad. An expanded NS and the expnded SS will pay for themselves at some point in the future. It's a long ball game.(excuse the pun)

It's not a long ball game though, it's about making your money back as quickly as possible in order to make a profit. They can do that by keeping the stand open during construction and by getting as much hospitality in the new stand. If the stand is going to include a hotel and new club store within it then there's an excellent opportunity to boost revenue in the short term as well as a result and that will help them deliver more standard seating at a lower cost which is also very important. I'm encouraged by the recent chat about an expanded 2nd tier, which is what the early talk was about. If they're going to start next summer then they'll need to get a planning application in very soon so hopefully plans will be released shortly. You have the London Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Emirates and expanded Anfield all at 60,000-62,500 capacity. It seems pointless to not expand the Etihad to take us to at least 60,000 or we're losing out to our rivals on a commercial basis. Yes it depends on the amount and quality of hospitality as to what you can earn but it would be good to have a headline of being the largest outside the swamp. The sides will get expanded at some point and that's where they can truly maximise hospitality revenue and complete the jigsaw.

Correct.

53,400 according to the OS.(check the OS first jrb)

Adding 8000 -10,000 seats to NSL2 would take the Etihad to a desired capacity.

Been posted before. A decent mockup.

Screenshot_20221026-083951~2.png

Correct.

53,400 according to the OS.(check the OS first jrb)

Adding 8000 -10,000 seats to NSL2 would take the Etihad to a desired capacity.

Been posted before. A decent mockup.

View attachment 59164
That’s looks fantastic.

Not as good as a single tier but bloody hell it still looks good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.