Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

"Obviously, viewing would be affected by the cable net for those seats higher up", I would put very good money on that NOT being a considered option.

Could the E & W roofs being replaced be brought forward? I hope so, they can then make the NSL3 deeper.

It could be brought forward but I doubt it will be. The corners in the SS have been designed to be replaced in the future when the sides are done - the work would be more than just changing the roof - they'll want to add more seats and improved hospitality offering. So I don't think they'll accelerate that work.

We got more than that against United.
53,165 against United

Although it does say we got more than 53,400 against Bournemouth (53,453) and Forest (53,409). So I’m not sure where any extra seats are this season?

It’ll look good when they move the screens up to the South Stand end when they start on the North Stand. Cover up some of those rough edges so to speak, although I do look at them now and then and wonder if those corner structures can even support the weight of one of those screens.

37cc535a40dfc79e132cbfc431345622.jpg

Is there any reason the expansion couldn’t add an extra block to either side? It would make matching up with the sides more involved in the future, but I can’t think of another reason.

Is there any reason the expansion couldn’t add an extra block to either side? It would make matching up with the sides more involved in the future, but I can’t think of another reason.

The corners are truly an eyesore and need sorting! If they could do the north stand as described, fill in the corners and do an exterior LED wrap if the exterior the etihad would be absolutely beautiful

If they do go for a large second tier, as in the mock-up, then I would think that the corners would feature a lot of hospitality seating.

In particular if they do build a hotel in the back of the North stand, as rumoured, then it would very likely feature a hospitality/restaurant area with a direct view onto the pitch. I would imagine that this sort of facility would be very popular for conferences and so on.

I have been to the restaurant in the Bernabeau - Puerta 57 - and it was a pretty good experience looking out onto the pitch in the evening. Obviously Madrid has a bigger market for this type of dining, and the Bernabeau is fairly central and close to lots of office districts, but you could imagine a similar offering in the new North Stand.

The corners are truly an eyesore and need sorting! If they could do the north stand as described, fill in the corners and do an exterior LED wrap if the exterior the etihad would be absolutely beautiful

The corners are a temporary solution until the side stands are expanded. The club have looked at the end goal and stripped it back to ensure the SS/NS expansions don't need to change in the future. The corners will blend to expanded side stands eventually but their purpose will be for large TV screens and for air flow/light to the pitch for growth. I will try to post some more images/details from the initial application (if I can) - got to do some actual work first though.

For anyone interested - the original application reference is here:

104315/FO/2013/N2

Type that into the planning application search function on the Council's website. Click to view documents and look at the Design and Access Statement Part 5 Section 2 - that's where the fun stuff is.

They have the vents at a lower level but I've no idea if that's enough.

I heard they were increasing the Ardwick capacity during the World Cup, I wonder if we would see similar set ups in the corners of the NS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.