Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

We ripped out 1500 seats in 2021 to install bigger advertising holdings. So the idea the club are wanting to get to a certain capacity is nonsense.

And where are you getting this idea that ‘everyone is wants a proper home end’ ?

I must have missed that vote. Every blue I know it not arsed and certainly won’t be swapping seats no matter what type of stand is built.

What’s with the aggressive tone of your post?

The club can still get that certain ‘capacity’ by expanding the NS, and maybe expanding the CBS and the ES in the future, regardless of removing 1500 seats for larger advertising boards?

So who doesn’t want a proper home end, you and everybody you know? I’m sure there are 1000’s of City fans who would relocate to a proper home end ‘if‘ that’s what the NS expansion turned out to be? Nobody is expecting or forcing you and the people you know to move to a new home end. I’m sure you’ll be happy staying where you are.

Last edited:
it’s always difficult to have an home end when seating is allocated. Unlike the old Kippax you will get fans who just want to sit and watch the game amongst those that sing and shout.

My idea that I have said before is for certain sections you buy a ticket for that section.
This would allow the loudest fans to congregate together. Standing with the rails.
First there gets choice of area.

You could do this with blocks at the side of the away fans in the south stand.

Those that like to sit and watch the game can migrate to a specified seat in the new north stand. Freeing up spaces for those who want a sing song.

This is probably the closest we would get to recreating the Kippax atmosphere with the limitations of the stadium design and seating restrictions.

Seen a couple of posts on here where people are having digs, this is a forum to discuss the stadium and surrounding area not to attack other people for having an opinion or suggestions. I wrote my last post here after seeing what people said on here and other forums so that is why I was writing from a third-party perspective. It seems on here that there is a group of people who want change and a better atmosphere for the team and there is a group who just want to shout down these people. For City to make more they need the stadium and area surrounding it to become a destination seven days a week not just match days so that is why I using other teams as an example .....

Seen a couple of posts on here where people are having digs, this is a forum to discuss the stadium and surrounding area not to attack other people for having an opinion or suggestions. I wrote my last post here after seeing what people said on here and other forums so that is why I was writing from a third-party perspective. It seems on here that there is a group of people who want change and a better atmosphere for the team and there is a group who just want to shout down these people. For City to make more they need the stadium and area surrounding it to become a destination seven days a week not just match days so that is why I using other teams as an example .....
You wrote a nonsense post stating that people would be happy with 3 tiers and then put forward a plan for 2 tiers. I guess maths isn't your strong point?

What's this third-party perspective nonsense now?

We ripped out 1500 seats in 2021 to install bigger advertising holdings. So the idea the club are wanting to get to a certain capacity is nonsense.

And where are you getting this idea that ‘everyone is wants a proper home end’ ?

I must have missed that vote. Every blue I know it not arsed and certainly won’t be swapping seats no matter what type of stand is built.
Bigger advertising holdings and the club wanting a certain capacity aren't mutually exclusive though.

Bigger advertising holdings and the club wanting a certain capacity aren't mutually exclusive though.
They are if taking those seats out makes it impossible to achieve the capacity they are supposedly aiming for. Or proves they weren't aiming for a specific capacity.

Do we not need 60k to be eligible for European Cup finals?

Or have I just made that up?...

They are if taking those seats out makes it impossible to achieve the capacity they are supposedly aiming for. Or proves they weren't aiming for a specific capacity.
Whos says it makes it impossible. From my memory the plan for over 60000 pre dates those extra seats going in, and only some of the extra seats ( that everyone complained about anyway) were removed for the advertising.
So taking the seats out don't make any difference to the original plan for 60,000 plus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.