Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Everyone knows and has done for a while that a single tiered blue wall is never gonna happen. What is a real possibility which some posters have said the club are looking at is a double tiered stand, similar to the Millenium Stadium. I think it would be the best of both worlds, it would massively help the atmosphere but there would still be room for corporate areas/boxes.

Not doubting you. All snippets are always welcome, regardless of the source. Thanks.

If the NS mirrors the SS thats under 60,000. The general consensus has always been City want the Etihad capacity to be over 60,000.

Mirroring the SS certainly isn’t creating a proper home end that everyone wants, regardless of the design. It’s just creating another 3rd tier and adding 6000 seats.

The Etihad has been shortlisted for Euro 2028 alongside Old Trafford. 2 venues in the same City. Whilst the Emirates and Anfield were rejected. Anfield will have a capacity of 61,000 once the Anfield Road stand is expanded.

I’m guessing here and I’m probably wrong, but for the Etihad to be shortlisted alongside Old Trafford there must be an exciting NS proposal, and a large increase in capacity at the Etihad for that to happen?
No ones ever said the design would create a proper home end. Certainly nothing from club has indicated that.
The exciting proposal i guess is whats going on the outside of the stand;
hotel, hospitality , club shop, external link to the arena, new city square. Apparently its going to be WOW!
My snippets come from a guy who has a decent job within the club. I really dont want to claim to be ITK, i just repeat info re stadium and kits , and i shouldnt really

Why are people concerned about the way the outside looks its almost as daft as getting upset by people leaving early. We go to watch the players on the pitch not stand outside looking at the structure or swivel our heads to see who is leaving early. As for hospitality adding to our funds all I can say is, if you dont earn much you get Pearce and his players if you earn a lot you get Pep and his players. Think I know my choices;-)

Ok maybe harsh. But people get shifted out of seats as its made into a corporate area. Shifted out of seats to have bigger advertising boards. Adding a needless £20 on costs of season cards when cost of livings never been higher.
So yeah i agree, i was harsh, but my point stands that theyd shit on the match going fan to squeeze more corporate ‘fans’ in all day long im afraid

I only want a right to reply not argue but the Corporate money like the tunnel club compensates for the cheap season tickets we were able to offer.
This is the opinion of a board member I spoke to recently. It was to me a fair assessment. And we had to move..

I think we can all have our different views.
If I got pissed off I wouldn't go. But I think my club is brilliant. Great ground , great team , great manager , great owner.

I only want a right to reply not argue but the Corporate money like the tunnel club compensates for the cheap season tickets we were able to offer.
This is the opinion of a board member I spoke to recently. It was to me a fair assessment. And we had to move..

I think we can all have our different views.
If I got pissed off I wouldn't go. But I think my club is brilliant. Great ground , great team , great manager , great owner.
I agree. My gripe is sometimes more with modern football i guess

The fans would be happy with the three tiers if they were as follows, one an elevated first tier that is full of safe standing, a second tier that joins up with the old second tier so forming a massive second tier. If your pal is high up tell him what people discuss on here that people want to see the plans in a consultation.
I’m struggling to take you seriously !

Last week you were telling us that City needed to learn from Utd and what they do around Old Trafford to attract fans - and now you have declared yourself to be the voice of the fans !!!

Not doubting you. All snippets are always welcome, regardless of the source. Thanks.

If the NS mirrors the SS thats under 60,000. The general consensus has always been City want the Etihad capacity to be over 60,000.

Mirroring the SS certainly isn’t creating a proper home end that everyone wants, regardless of the design. It’s just creating another 3rd tier and adding 6000 seats.

The Etihad has been shortlisted for Euro 2028 alongside Old Trafford. 2 venues in the same City. Whilst the Emirates and Anfield were rejected. Anfield will have a capacity of 61,000 once the Anfield Road stand is expanded.

I’m guessing here and I’m probably wrong, but for the Etihad to be shortlisted alongside Old Trafford there must be an exciting NS proposal, and a large increase in capacity at the Etihad for that to happen?
We ripped out 1500 seats in 2021 to install bigger advertising holdings. So the idea the club are wanting to get to a certain capacity is nonsense.

And where are you getting this idea that ‘everyone is wants a proper home end’ ?

I must have missed that vote. Every blue I know it not arsed and certainly won’t be swapping seats no matter what type of stand is built.

No ones ever said the design would create a proper home end. Certainly nothing from club has indicated that.
The exciting proposal i guess is whats going on the outside of the stand;
hotel, hospitality , club shop, external link to the arena, new city square. Apparently its going to be WOW!
My snippets come from a guy who has a decent job within the club. I really dont want to claim to be ITK, i just repeat info re stadium and kits , and i shouldnt really

The club hasn’t said anything specific about the NS expansion. So nobody outside the club knows what’s planned, bar snippets and rumours on here.

Nobody knew about the plans for the CFA until they were finally made public by the club. Subsequently it came out that City had been planning the CFA for ‘years’, traveling around the world, looking and evaluating other sport clubs training facilities, etc.

I’m completely open minded as to what to expect with the NS expansion. Companies that are involved in it are sworn to secrecy. They have too much to lose to allow leaks from their employees about the NS expansion.

The only reason I posted pictures of the new bar at the back of the South Stand Level 1 was because I was there at the right time. If I hadn’t been there pictures of new the bar wouldn’t have got out and been posted on here. I may have f*cked City off by doing that, but in hindsight it gave the fans in SSL1 a glimpse of what to expect, and the bar has been a roaring success, so I don’t feel bad about taking the pictures and posting them on here. BM and the posters got an exclusive first look at the new bar. I was just in the right place at the right time. Nothing but luck.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.