Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Id say even with an expanded NS that takes it above 60k, our chances of a CL final are pretty much zero.
Yep, the club won't be trying to squeeze in a few hundred more seats just on the off chance of getting awarded a final once every ten or twenty years. There are lots of other stadia in the UK alone that have good claims to host such an event and there's one in town that gives an extra 15000 seats that will always grab the attention of those money-grabbing scrotes running UEFA.

The best plan for any business is to invest only in things they have a good certainty of that they can get a return on, and in this case it is more people coming to the club for City games based on the success of the team, and also extra bums on seats for concerts.

Knowing UEFA, as soon as we expanded beyond 60k, they'd change the criteria to 61k.

To people like me and others who have an interest in towers and construction. Other forum members on SSC-MCR will confirm that.

For Renaker to build a 201 metre residential tower in Manchester city centre was a milestone for Renaker and Manchester. It showed Renaker had confidence in the Manchester apartment market. Manchester is the only UK regional city with a 200+ metre (residential) tower.

All 4 towers at Deansgate Square, Great Jackson Street, now 6, which includes the Blade and Three60, 52 stories each, have either sold out of apartments, or the BTR/PRS apartments are constantly renting really well. There are rumours of more 200+ metre towers in the pipeline.

It’s a really exciting time for Manchester as regards towers and construction in general.(including the Coop Live Arena) There seems to be no end in towers going up or new ones being proposed.

Or maybe I’m just a sad tower Geek? :-)
Don’t get me wrong it’s impressive I’ve been in the penthouse my head measured it in stories rather than meters for some reason so is the new one going to be about 230 m ?

The club proposed 6,250 in the SS and NS in their planning application and then, with the added pitchside seating they proposed a maximum capacity of 62,170 (up from 47,670).
Take the NS3 6250 off the 62170 gives 55920 which is approx 1300 more than our record attendance at the Etihad. So it doesnt appear we achieved the 6250. If we mirror the SS3 i think we will be looking at capacity attendance of just over 59k.

The club proposed 6,250 in the SS and NS in their planning application and then, with the added pitchside seating they proposed a maximum capacity of 62,170 (up from 47,670).

Hosting the CL final is irrelevant, when you have the Tottenham Hotspur stadium and Wembley in England we're not getting it. UEFA can make much more from those bigger grounds.

I've said many times, the club references 70,000 in the DAS (Design and Access Statement) from that original application. They've already explored the future East/CB expansion to ensure that works to those stands do not require further amendments to the North and South Stand. The corners are therefore temporary structures that would be amended and tied into any expansion of the East and West where the roof would be amended to follow the pattern with the South Stand - aimed down towards the pitch and capable of provided additional seats. The image I included shows a much bigger provision of seating on the third tiers in the side stands. It's purely indicative at this stage.

They will want to have one of the premier club grounds in England which will be done through capacity and hospitality offering. The ground might not be as good as Spurs' but if it's got top level corporate facilities (which it can have) and has another 10,000 seats compared to Spurs it can compete to a degree. The London market makes it a tough job so we need more overall capacity for both offerings to compete revenue wise I'd imagine.

We'll see what the club comes up with. The fact they're looking at external changes means we need planning permission and they've probably looked at the future for the East and CB stands and hopefully revised the NS proposals to be a two-tiered stand. We know from the work on the training facilities they do their homework. They'll have done all the research they need to. The Tunnel Club was nicked from the Dallas Cowboys iirc. I'm sure they'll be providing something epic for hospitality in the future, and will, if they can provide something epic for your average fan as well. Hopefully that includes a home end - but we shall see.

Talk has ramped up which suggests plans may be out soon. They turned around the last application in about 3 months which, from experience, means they discussed it with the Council through pre-application meetings for quite some time to get them onboard. If we want to start when the arena finishes then that application needs submitting fairly soon. If wider development is taking place then it could mean a longer determination period - a hotel or bars/restaurants etc will have bigger impacts which means more comments/consultation.

I posted previously that I’d be happy with a 2 tier NS (expansion), and a new Etihad capacity of 60,000+.

Any other additional improvements to the stadium internally and externally would also be good.

Don’t get me wrong it’s impressive I’ve been in the penthouse my head measured it in stories rather than meters for some reason so is the new one going to be about 230 m ?

I honestly don’t know. Not going to say I do. But there are people who post and read BM and SSC-MCR who do know. As a rule you only get to find out about a tower proposal when it’s made public. Property developers, architects, and companies involved with a tower proposal are pretty secretive about it, just like City are with the infrastructure proposals and developments across the Etihad Campus.

Put it this way, when you have apartment enquiry figures like these at just one apartment agency, then there’s no reason why residential towers can’t continue being built in the city centre.

Lettings company, Manchester Apartments, has recorded more than 50,000 enquiries for city centre apartments during the third quarter of 2022.

This has led to a 47% increase in tenancy agreements for the same autumn lettings period as last year.

Manchester Apartments recorded this huge jump in enquiries – typically 10,000 a month – and is now only taking bookings for autumn 2023.

With a portfolio of more than 900 units in Manchester centre, almost a quarter of lets were secured from China and the UAE – again, demonstrating Manchester’s huge appeal to young professionals and students from these territories.

Apologies. Back to topic.

Last edited:
I’d love a big home end 1 or 2 tiers full of hardcore city at affordable prices, but it seems very unlikely to me IF the hotel is being built into the new north stand extension . That to me would make it even more conducive to hospitality than any of the other current stands. They’ll want plush hospitality where you walk directly from your hotel room to hospitality without leaving that stand .

If we want an impressive standing area then would be better to continue safe standing from south stand to all the current east stand lower. Make it kind of kippax lite!?

I’d love a big home end 1 or 2 tiers full of hardcore city at affordable prices, but it seems very unlikely to me IF the hotel is being built into the new north stand extension . That to me would make it even more conducive to hospitality than any of the other current stands. They’ll want plush hospitality where you walk directly from your hotel room to hospitality without leaving that stand .

If we want an impressive standing area then would be better to continue safe standing from south stand to all the current east stand lower. Make it kind of kippax lite!?

I can see the boxes being converted into a general hospitality section which links into the hotel so there are views of the pitch available for guests.

I reckon the seats for them will be the middle block of the 2nd tier mirroring the Legends Lounge at the other end.

Last edited:
Click to enlarge.

8413215-A-2-B29-449-D-B225-00228740376-A.jpg

I honestly don’t know. Not going to say I do. But there are people who post and read BM and SSC-MCR who do know. As a rule you only get to find out about a tower proposal when it’s made public. Property developers, architects, and companies involved with a tower proposal are pretty secretive about it, just like City are with the infrastructure proposals and developments across the Etihad Campus.

Put it this way, when you have apartment enquiry figures like these at just one apartment agency, then there’s no reason why residential towers can’t continue being built in the city centre.

Lettings company, Manchester Apartments, has recorded more than 50,000 enquiries for city centre apartments during the third quarter of 2022.

This has led to a 47% increase in tenancy agreements for the same autumn lettings period as last year.

Manchester Apartments recorded this huge jump in enquiries – typically 10,000 a month – and is now only taking bookings for autumn 2023.

With a portfolio of more than 900 units in Manchester centre, almost a quarter of lets were secured from China and the UAE – again, demonstrating Manchester’s huge appeal to young professionals and students from these territories.

Apologies. Back to topic.
I could just ask Mark he’ll be phoning me later, think he said about 76 floors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.