Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I saw someone say it was as much as 5m shorter than needed. Almost as much as to give you a huge advantage if you’re used to playing on such a surface.

It is the main reason for the successful press they have adopted.
I have said since Job was around the away team needs to play differently at klanfield.
Everton a similar size.
I used to be overly interested in pitch size.. Honest I grew out of it.-;)

The shite faded flaking paint and concrete outside drives me mad. What would it cost to sort that, a few grand? Inexcusable that the club haven't sorted that out - they had two fucking years during covid.
Yeah, it confuses me for the same reason. Some of the money spent on other things outside the ground, like the big City thing for pictures, probably cost what it would need.

I assume they're not spending money until something is finished and then it will all get folded into costs. But definitely needs a lick of paint and some pothole puddles filling.

People need to let this yellow wall nonsense go.

We have been told categorically from people that know that it isnt happening. I have been told by a pal who works at City in a fairly high position that it isnt happening.

I posted in this thread 2 weeks or so ago exactly what he told me is happening (mirrors south stand, hotels, food outlets incorporated, club shop within it and city square moved back)

Also it will start as soon as the arena is done.
Also the merc garage purchase appears to be true too.

So really, some people need to move on from this.

Secondly, and i’ll pre-empt this by saying i love our owners dearly and will thank them til my dying day for making my dreams come true..
But … if you think they give much of a fuck about the match going fan youre sadly mistaken. Dozens of examples why they dont and its all about the dollar. Harsh but true
Fucking harsh that mate, yes money is king but to say they don't give a hoot about the match going fan is a fucking disgrace considering what they've done for my club...

Fucking harsh that mate, yes money is king but to say they don't give a hoot about the match going fan is a fucking disgrace considering what they've done for my club...
Ok maybe harsh. But people get shifted out of seats as its made into a corporate area. Shifted out of seats to have bigger advertising boards. Adding a needless £20 on costs of season cards when cost of livings never been higher.
So yeah i agree, i was harsh, but my point stands that theyd shit on the match going fan to squeeze more corporate ‘fans’ in all day long im afraid

Not doubting you. All snippets are always welcome, regardless of the source. Thanks.

If the NS mirrors the SS thats under 60,000. The general consensus has always been City want the Etihad capacity to be over 60,000.

Mirroring the SS certainly isn’t creating a proper home end that everyone wants, regardless of the design. It’s just creating another 3rd tier and adding 6000 seats.

The Etihad has been shortlisted for Euro 2028 alongside Old Trafford. 2 venues in the same City. Whilst the Emirates and Anfield were rejected. Anfield will have a capacity of 61,000 once the Anfield Road stand is expanded.

I’m guessing here and I’m probably wrong, but for the Etihad to be shortlisted alongside Old Trafford there must be an exciting NS proposal, and a large increase in capacity at the Etihad for that to happen?
Like others have said anfield pitch is not the standard size.
Emirates got knocked back for lack of hospitality compared to spuds new ground.

Ok maybe harsh. But people get shifted out of seats as its made into a corporate area. Shifted out of seats to have bigger advertising boards. Adding a needless £20 on costs of season cards when cost of livings never been higher.
So yeah i agree, i was harsh, but my point stands that theyd shit on the match going fan to squeeze more corporate ‘fans’ in all day long im afraid
It goes hand in hand, ffp fucked us up, we have to earn the big bucks to pay for world class players, in days gone by the rich owner would pick up the tab but because of EUFA trying to stop us we have to EARN our money.

It goes hand in hand, ffp fucked us up, we have to earn the big bucks to pay for world class players, in days gone by the rich owner would pick up the tab but because of EUFA trying to stop us we have to EARN our money.
Whether its our owners or eufa, its at the expense of the match going fan.
We could just as easy get another noodle supplier than sell a few rows of padded seats.

Anyway, we are both in agreement that our owners have made our dreams come true.

My initial point was that there is zero chance we will have any sort of “yellow wall” at the expense of exec boxes or corporate areas

If the north mirrors the south, how do you all think the 3 tiers will be laid out?

Possible options:

Tier 3 - Similar pricing structure to SSL3
Tier 2 - Family Stand + new central premium seating block.
Tier 1 - Safe Standing ‘home end’

Tier 3 - Similar pricing structure to SSL3 / All safe standing
Tier 2 - Mix of premium, corporate and standard.
Tier 1 - Family Stand
I do t think it will be safe standing on level 3, too steep and dangerous?

Tier 3 - Similar pricing structure to SSL3
Tier 2 - Mix of premium, corporate and standard seating on both edges
Tier 1 - Family Stand

I’ve never been convinced by the hotel rumour. It would be great to incorporate a hotel into the stand, but the cost of doing that would be high. I’m more inclined to think the souvenir store would be incorporated into the NS, just like the souvenir store is at Old Trafford.

Just done a bit of digging.

Invitations have now been issued to cities and stadia in England to bid to become a tournament venue in 2028 – with the minimum seating capacity to join the selection process needing to be more than 30,000.

On a serious note, without taking the p*ss out of the Scousers, I still don’t understand why Anfield didn’t make the shortlist.
I never knew their pitch was that much smaller, is that within the rules?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.