Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I think the stadium was built with concerts in mind , and the North Stand was the picked as the stage end , with the big access tunnel at that end. I sometime think that the stadium was built as a concert arena first and football stadium second , and that asn't changed with the lack of movement with the North Stand extension!

Lol, built as an athletics stadium first buddy ;-)
I remember going to watch the Commonwealth Games there, was a brilliant event.
Know what you mean about gigs, but actually enjoy the fact that we get to host all the big gigs in town. Hated going to their ground for Genesis in 2007.

I think the stadium was built with concerts in mind , and the North Stand was the picked as the stage end , with the big access tunnel at that end. I sometime think that the stadium was built as a concert arena first and football stadium second , and that asn't changed with the lack of movement with the North Stand extension!

Lol, built as an athletics stadium first buddy ;-)
I remember going to watch the Commonwealth Games there, was a brilliant event.
Know what you mean about gigs, but actually enjoy the fact that we get to host all the big gigs in town. Hated going to their ground for Genesis in 2007.

The stadium was designed for football with a clever use of the local topography by building the lower tier below ground level 7 meters, this allowed the extra width required for athletics, the extra length was achieved by not building the north stand, with a temporary one in place for the athletics. The large tunnel although utilised for concerts has numerous uses

The stadium was designed for football with a clever use of the local topography by building the lower tier below ground level 7 meters, this allowed the extra width required for athletics, the extra length was achieved by not building the north stand, with a temporary one in place for the athletics. The large tunnel although utilised for concerts has numerous uses

Indeed. We’re in agreement.

When designing the stadium, I expect concerts use was designed into it (which makes sense will all the concerts that play there) . I bet holding concerts at the Etihad is easier then Maine Road .

Last edited:
It makes no sense to expand. Whilst it might lead to better atmosphere and pricing longer term we have been battered recently by several articles relating to our true attendance compared to reported and the Lyon game was a further bashing.
Why does anyone care what a WUM or a red top thinks about our attendance? I look at it that people who can't get to games regular have the opportunity to do so. If ticket exchange worked until kick off and could be printed at home or locally, there is a ticket collection machine at the minihad, then I'm sure we could get walk ups. My brother goes to the midweek games because he works weekends if everyone turned up then he couldn't get a ticket.

Barcelona, capacity 99354, didn't get above 60000 for half their home games last year and only 48336 for a Chumps League group game. The Real mouthpeice Marca made a deal of it, Barca didn't give a shit. We should have the same attitude, scum 20000 under capacity last night who cares? Clickbait makes them cash, city fans don't rise to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.