Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I went to the one just after our 1st premier league win . Remember Bruce mentioned it

Yes it was a great night. I was on the pitch (or at least the plastic covering) and I got some strange looks when I tried to recreate Vinny’s goal against the rags.

Never known the stage to be at the south stand - always been the other end in my experience
I think the stadium was built with concerts in mind , and the North Stand was the picked as the stage end , with the big access tunnel at that end. I sometime think that the stadium was built as a concert arena first and football stadium second , and that asn't changed with the lack of movement with the North Stand extension!

It makes no sense to expand. Whilst it might lead to better atmosphere and pricing longer term we have been battered recently by several articles relating to our true attendance compared to reported and the Lyon game was a further bashing.

To announce a stadium expansion would just lead to complete ridicule and the club will want to avoid that. Their pricing isn't working. Season ticket sales are fine but they should tie the CL into it and try to gain bums on seats that way as well as favourable pricing. Our cup attendances always tend to be down and the CL group stage isn't particularly exciting other than a good game here or there. An easy group means less interest from fans yet we lost to Lyon potentially because it was so flat in the ground. Price them cheap. We make enough money anyway, just drop the prices and bag future generations of supporters. It is a working class club and fan base we have to price for that. Corporate buyers will want the big games and a sold out stadium makes most games bigger and better. Whi is going to buy corporate for the other 2 home games when they know we will be 15k down on capacity?!

Just a few thoughts amongst a rant. I am desperate to see this happen but pricing and sales methods need to change.

It makes no sense to expand. Whilst it might lead to better atmosphere and pricing longer term we have been battered recently by several articles relating to our true attendance compared to reported and the Lyon game was a further bashing.

To announce a stadium expansion would just lead to complete ridicule and the club will want to avoid that. Their pricing isn't working. Season ticket sales are fine but they should tie the CL into it and try to gain bums on seats that way as well as favourable pricing. Our cup attendances always tend to be down and the CL group stage isn't particularly exciting other than a good game here or there. An easy group means less interest from fans yet we lost to Lyon potentially because it was so flat in the ground. Price them cheap. We make enough money anyway, just drop the prices and bag future generations of supporters. It is a working class club and fan base we have to price for that. Corporate buyers will want the big games and a sold out stadium makes most games bigger and better. Whi is going to buy corporate for the other 2 home games when they know we will be 15k down on capacity?!

Just a few thoughts amongst a rant. I am desperate to see this happen but pricing and sales methods need to change.

Iv said this many times. Going to a game was and still is more of a social event.
It’s now very difficult to get seats together with friends.
Simple solution is your ticket/season card buys you a ticket for say south stand lower. Not an actual seat
If this could be done it would also create a better atmosphere. Those who want to sing loud would congregate together. Normally next to the away fans.
This would work for sective stands only as I appreciate some people would want to sit in the same seat every week.
At the moment trying to get a ticket on the day for 3 or 4 people you are left with single random seats scattered around the ground

Tie the Cl into Season tickets, no thanks this is what the scum do. I am in the CL cup scheme, but I would still want the choice.

Tie the Cl into Season tickets, no thanks this is what the scum do. I am in the CL cup scheme, but I would still want the choice.

That is fair enough and many would agree. It is a pain to get to and from midweek games with work and other commitments hence why many would feel it is harsh to have to pay for them. I should have clarified I think paying an extra say 50quid or so should secure all home cup (pre quarters and CL pre knockout games). Then it isn't a huge additional outlay and means more fans in the ground.

But then I am not in charge of the business and the club will take 40k of additional tickets over 50k attendances essentially subsidised.

What if the club were to put the Corporate seats on sale for the lesser games, would they get more people to go, or are they like seasoncards and bought for the season

What if the club were to put the Corporate seats on sale for the lesser games, would they get more people to go, or are they like seasoncards and bought for the season

They are sold as a block or per game like usual seats. But would a company bother taking clients to a City CL game with 15k empty seats? Not the best treat. And it is corporate spending that will secure the club a fuck load more than any normal fan pays.

They are sold as a block or per game like usual seats. But would a company bother taking clients to a City CL game with 15k empty seats? Not the best treat. And it is corporate spending that will secure the club a fuck load more than any normal fan pays.
Was thinking more for fans who are not as well off finiancially. Bit like first class on the trains at the weekend, where its a tenner to upgrade but you only get a packed lunch. Do something like 30 a seat with a free pie, pint and program.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.