Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Someone did this ages ago with the sides expanded.

View attachment 59911

Not the best mock-up but it would be immense - and on big nights would be absolutely bouncing. I reckon we need the NS to be two tiers just to mix it up a bit though. I get those that like symmetry but I think the added character of something different at one end would life the whole ground. Hope it's not a too distant dream to see those sides expanded. I reckon we might get more images/certainty on those proposals when the NS proposals are released - which hopefully isn't too long away. Maybe something to do during the WC to get some publicity!

You'd like to think so if they market it right. If you had the family stand in tier 1 and ignored safe standing for now it would offer the chance for the next group of fans coming through to move into the second tier and join the singers. I remember as a kid wanting to join in with the hardcore singers - that was a huge part of football because what was happening on the pitch was shite!

I started as a singer as a kid standing and sitting on the old Kippax wall. Over time I made my way up the Kippax until I ended up in the top left corner, facing the pitch, next to the away fans. Ask any FOC like me who used to stand there, it was f*cking brilliant, especially for the derby and the big games. I feel for the kids and the youth of today who will never experience that. I still feel lucky and privileged to have been part of that Kippax singing section, even though it wasn’t classed as singing section in those days.

Having something similar at the back of the 2nd tier filled with FOC singers like me mixed in with the youth would be great.

I started as a singer as a kid standing and sitting on the old Kippax wall. Over time I made my way up the Kippax until I ended up in the top left corner, facing the pitch, next to the away fans. Ask any FOC like me who used to stand there, it was f*cking brilliant, especially for the derby and the big games. I feel for the kids and the youth of today who will never experience that. I still feel lucky and privileged to have been part of that Kippax singing section, even though it wasn’t classed as singing section in those days.

Having something similar at the back of the 2nd tier filled with FOC singers like me mixed in with the youth would be great.

At Djurgarden's in Sweden, they have their own section for their kids to all congregate together and make a atmosphere

Was really great seeing them getting involved after their Ultras the opposite side of the ground got things started.

Again slightly off topic, but tying in with ideas for the Collar site and the wider Etihad Campus around the ground.

Demolition is about to begin on Event City, Trafford City, to be replaced by Therme Manchester.

The word iconic is banded about quite often for a building or for a development, but I think it’s fair to say Manchester Therme will be iconic. There’s nothing else like it in the UK, and people will travel to it from all over the country. Apart from that, it’s a stunning building and development. As a leisure attraction it would have been perfect for the Collar site wrapping around the Etihad.

The start of construction was delayed for a year. During that period of
time parts of the approved design were reviewed and tweaked by Therme. The resort will now feature living slides.

The waterslides are part of the resort's focus on biophilic design and will feature 3D-printed structures housing thousands of biodiverse plants.

Thanks to their design, the slides will be made to look like tree trunks, with plants growing out of them.

D7-BECCBD-AA6-A-4868-8805-A539567-B7719.jpg

FE2-D64-E2-0-DC4-4-C78-977-D-8-DD291-CEFB62.jpg

View attachment 59910
Looks amazing that!

Can't wait to not be able to afford to go!

At Djurgarden's in Sweden, they have their own section for their kids to all congregate together and make a atmosphere

Was really great seeing them getting involved after their Ultras the opposite side of the ground got things started.

Been to a couple of Djurgarden games due to making some good friends in Stockholm when I was working over there.

Must say the Tele2 arena is a world away from the old stadion which I actually liked the old character but terrible views similar to the old Wembley.

Unfortunately, it looks like football hooliganism is on the rise in Sweden in recent years, which is met with bizarre looks when I mention this over here. They're not all Nobel Peace prize giving folk ;-)

Been to a couple of Djurgarden games due to making some good friends in Stockholm when I was working over there.

Must say the Tele2 arena is a world away from the old stadion which I actually liked the old character but terrible views similar to the old Wembley.

Unfortunately, it looks like football hooliganism is on the rise in Sweden in recent years, which is met with bizarre looks when I mention this over here. They're not all Nobel Peace prize giving folk ;-)

I went to the game last Monday due to working in Stockholm (was wet and cold) won 4-0 and actually liked the way the ground was set up.

Seen videos of the old ground, looks like it had character but couldn't believe it was still being used in top-flight football. I believe a lower-league team is still playing at the old ground.

I've seen, especially the bigger games there seems to be a lot more in-ground activity.

The ultras Pyro is some of the best I've seen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.