Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does anyone think that at some point we’ll see a few outlets on the site with like a Nando’s, Pizza Express, TGI’s or something?

Some people will want a sit down meal with the family before events at the arena. Probably be full on a match day as well.

100% there will have to be some venues like that. They'll want people to come and use the area before during and after events. It's not a sustainable or attractive venue if you have to have a meal/drinks in the centre before heading out to the arena.

I agree with the souvenir store and maybe the museum in the NS, but not the hotel. I think and hope the hotel will be stand one, which is better in my opinion. Having all 3 in the NS is too much. I'm no expert on hotel fit outs, but it takes an age to fit out every room to a high standard, especially if there are going to be hundreds of rooms. That is evident in the city centre when a new hotel is built. It would make the NS construction and fit out much longer, more complex, and much more expensive. A souvenir store and museum are more than double in the NS as they're both one big shell filled with nothing but partition walls and displays. Ideally I'd like to see a stand alone museum as a destination and football/tourist attraction like the National Football Museum is at Urbis.

I agree with the souvenir store and maybe the museum in the NS, but not the hotel. I think and hope the hotel will be stand one, which is better in my opinion. Having all 3 in the NS is too much. I'm no expert on hotel fit outs, but it takes an age to fit out every room to a high standard, especially if there are going to be hundreds of rooms. That is evident in the city centre when a new hotel is built. It would make the NS construction and fit out much longer, more complex, and much more expensive. A souvenir store and museum are more than double in the NS as they're both one big shell filled with nothing but partition walls and displays. Ideally I'd like to see a stand alone museum as a destination and football/tourist attraction like the National Football Museum is at Urbis.
Good points @jrb should they not becoming with drawings etc for hotels just now as they will lose money with people staying in hotels in the city centre

Good points @jrb should they not becoming with drawings etc for hotels just now as they will lose money with people staying in hotels in the city centre
Who should though, if it isn't part of the stand and I doubt it is, then it would be a partner or somebody else building a hotel, not the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.