Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Think the best place to locate the Hotel and Museum would be on that wider plot of land where the cabins are and before the car park starts. The hotel and museum would be next to the new plaza and close to the arena. It would also still leave the remainder of the Collar site for a leisure attraction/s

E298-EDDC-C2-D1-40-E1-BD39-C2-AA47848-C6-E.png

Personally I’d put the souvenir store and the museum where the MB garage was - a really accessible location.

Personally I’d put the souvenir store and the museum where the MB garage was - a really accessible location.

Sarcasm? Sorry, couldn’t tell! Ha :)

They’ll want it near City Square and the foot flow which comes through there, the trams and Joe Mercer Way.

The garage is right out of the way of all that. I guess they’ve at least got those smaller retail pop ups around there.

Last edited:
Why not?

There’s enough land, money and ambition for City to do anything.

One of the best things about this thread is that it allows peoples imaginations to run wild until the NS expansion and wider Etihad Campus proposals are made public. Every option is worth exploring and discussing. I’m sure that also applies to City, their architects, etc.

Last edited:
Sarcasm? Sorry, couldn’t tell! Ha :)

They’ll want it near City Square and the foot flow which comes through there, the trams and Joe Mercer Way.

The garage is right out of the way of all that. I guess they’ve at least got those smaller retail pop ups around there.
Agreed.....the foot flow from the metro and hotel will be key.

All the shops, bars,restaurants and connecting pedestrian routes will be covered by a ‘ Kings Cross ‘ styled canopy creating a huge area for pre match / concert use.

The hotel is going where the arena cabins are with vehicular access from AT Way.

The whole project will be located in that big triangle, leaving very large areas including Asda for additional leisure development

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.