Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not been on Bluemoon much these last few days, proper sulking after Saturday, but I can’t believe TH got barely a nibble “letting the cat out of the bag” and name checking Bellingham:) jeez you guys are passionate about Steel Plastic bricks & mortar

Bring 119, 115 and SS L3 singers together and hey presto, we have probably 2 thousand like minded fans who want to sing and create an atmosphere. That has to be far more effective than pockets spread around the ground singing different songs.

100% and that's the point I'm trying to make. A lot of those fans are happy where they are and that's fine, but we can still bring people together and when it turns into a proper end more and more will want to join in. You need certain fans in a specific area together. It's not rocket science. We see it from our away support who are always good. 2-3,000 fans together in one section and usually under a roof making a racket. That's all it needs and plenty more will then join in.

If the disused viaduct from Ashton Old Road to Chancellor Lane was restored and reconnected using a new bridge at each end, it would link that line directly to Piccadilly.
If you follow the line from Lord N Street it comes from Victoria and could join back up at Ashbury, if City has bought the former Mercedes Garage then that would be an ideal spot for a train station that links the whole site up for football,events etc

If you follow the line from Lord N Street it comes from Victoria and could join back up at Ashbury, if City has bought the former Mercedes Garage then that would be an ideal spot for a train station that links the whole site up for football,events etc
It would be the logical thing to do if our capacity is increased to provide more public transport options. Looking at the map, if the Piccadilly link was reinstated there could effectively be a loop that takes in all the City centre stations (Piccadilly, Oxford Road, Deansgate, Salford Central, Victoria) going out to the Etihad campus but I'm sure there's probably very good reasons why that's not feasible or economically viable.

It would be the logical thing to do if our capacity is increased to provide more public transport options. Looking at the map, if the Piccadilly link was reinstated there could effectively be a loop that takes in all the City centre stations (Piccadilly, Oxford Road, Deansgate, Salford Central, Victoria) going out to the Etihad campus but I'm sure there's probably very good reasons why that's not feasible or economically viable.
Contact Transport for Manchester and Network rail to see if this could be done as it makes a lot of sense as a lot of posts on here are about parking and how long it takes you to leave the ground

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.