Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

The whole roof must need replacing fairly soon?

When the stadium was built for the Commonwealth Games , I am sure I read the roof only had a 20 year life span.

@worsleyweb Did you hear anything but things were put on hold about what type of stand they were planning to build? They mentioned the Dortmund wall again during the end of season interview.

Yes one large end I was good with city square going inside underneath and part under cover part open. I have seen a visual. Can imagine it will be 3 years at least before we see a start. I love our stadium but it certainly has some issues with that roof. Is not in good condition at all.

Yes one large end I was good with city square going inside underneath and part under cover part open. I have seen a visual. Can imagine it will be 3 years at least before we see a start. I love our stadium but it certainly has some issues with that roof. Is not in good condition at all.

Thanks.

Good to hear they were wanting to go all out with one large tier. Wonder how they would have pulled that off without closing the whole end

Thanks.

Good to hear they were wanting to go all out with one large tier. Wonder how they would have pulled that off without closing the whole end

I‘m no engineer but maybe close the top tier and do the single tier from the front of the second tier back. Then when that’s all complete - close the bottom tier and reconfigurations that with a steeper angle to fit in with the upper tier. Not sure if that’s too simplistic but effectively that's building the back 2/3rds first and then building the front third afterwards.

The whole roof must need replacing fairly soon?

When the stadium was built for the Commonwealth Games , I am sure I read the roof only had a 20 year life span.
No this wasn't in the design brief Wouldn't make sense to design a stadium where a major component only last 20 years and if it did then the stadium would have to be closed for a considerable time whilst the old one was remove and replaced

The time has now come to move the away fans into the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand. With this Covid19 virus, the club has now the time to do this. This would then give us two full blue walls.

This would surely help the team especially in the Premier League and the Champions League, and also both the cup competitions. We need to have as much an advantage as we can get. This would be one way to do that.

Planning and Highways Committee - Thursday, 24th September, 2020 2.00 pm

Application Number Date of Appln Committee Date Ward

126431/FO/2020 31st Mar 2020 24th Sep 2020 Ancoats & Beswick Ward

Site South Of Sportcity Way, East Of Joe Mercer Way, West Of Alan Turing Way And North Of The Ashton Canal At The Etihad Campus, Manchester

OVG Manchester Limited, C/o Agent

581 objections. 253 Objections from outside Gtr Manchester. Shocking!

What the f*** has it got to do with 262 properties outside of Gtr Manchester. I think a few more arenas in other cities close to Manchester are also worried.

Objections

581 objections were received as a result of the first notification. 14 were from the 7652 properties which were notified. 52 were from other Manchester wards, 253 from other Greater Manchester Authorities and 262 from properties outside of Greater Manchester.

Supports

44 Supports were received from businesses to the first notification. 2 were from business within the 7652 properties notified. 20 were from businesses within other Manchester wards, 5 from within other Greater Manchester Authorities and 17 from outside of Greater Manchester

Recommendation

Article 35 Declaration

Minded to Approve subject to the signing of a section 106 agreement with regards to the review and expansion of the existing Residents Parking Zone (RPZ), an operational event management strategy, walking route improvement works, local labour commitments and waste management arrangements

Get the Eastlands Arena built!

934-D7-D33-015-C-4-AB3-BF60-A1-A95925-BEBB.jpg

4-AABFB38-DC7-A-474-C-BCAC-4-A4760-B74-ACC.jpg

325-E687-D-62-FC-4-B94-9-BE0-BD57834-A55-C0.jpg

The time has now come to move the away fans into the stand opposite the Colin Bell stand. With this Covid19 virus, the club has now the time to do this. This would then give us two full blue walls.

This would surely help the team especially in the Premier League and the Champions League, and also both the cup competitions. We need to have as much an advantage as we can get. This would be one way to do that.

did you ever go to Maine Road. Have you been to the Etihad? You’re referring to the old Kippax crowd & suggesting it’s given to away fans?? It’s far too many seats.

are you getting your stands mixed up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.