Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

This is to do with central government's return on investment calculation set in the 'green book'. The current government are considering changing the calculation.

As it stands London is more densely populated and wealthier so almost every central government investment is forecast to achieve a higher return on investment than anywhere else. London gets the investment and gets stronger so over time its become a self fulfilling prophecy.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...appraisal-and-evaluation-in-central-governent
You are quite right about this. It is a ridiculous way of prioritising projects, justifying giving the rich more and the poor less. The government equivalent of ffp.
No account is taken of the need to develop the economy outside the SE. Transport is the single biggest factor in economic improvement.
Nor are the social implications of widening the North South divide taken into account.
The much maligned Dom Cummings wants the model to change, but he is up against a civil service that lives in the SE and a government with its eyes firmly fixed on eating into Labour's London vote.
I see that Crossrail is now calling for an extra £500m to finish the project.
After Covid, what price the Northern hub now?

Nor are the social implications of widening the North South divide taken into account.
The much maligned Dom Cummings wants the model to change, but he is up against a civil service that lives in the SE and a government with its eyes firmly fixed on eating into Labour's London vote.
You are mighty deluded if you think that Cummings is trying to address the North-South divide. And even more implausibly that he is somehow trying to fight against a Government undermine the Labour vote in London.

You are mighty deluded if you think that Cummings is trying to address the North-South divide. And even more implausibly that he is somehow trying to fight against a Government undermine the Labour vote in London.
I think you have completely misunderstood my post, which suggests neither of the two things you say.
Serves you right for commenting on a partial quote, pretending it was the whole thing.

Last edited:
@worsleyweb Did you hear anything but things were put on hold about what type of stand they were planning to build? They mentioned the Dortmund wall again during the end of season interview.

You are quite right about this. It is a ridiculous way of prioritising projects, justifying giving the rich more and the poor less. The government equivalent of ffp.
No account is taken of the need to develop the economy outside the SE. Transport is the single biggest factor in economic improvement.
I see that Crossrail is now calling for an extra £500m to finish the project.
After Covid, what price the Northern hub now?

Should have been done whilst we were all sat at home in lockdown. Get all those out of work recently on apprenticeships to help build it.

@worsleyweb Did you hear anything but things were put on hold about what type of stand they were planning to build? They mentioned the Dortmund wall again during the end of season interview.
The plan was to build a 'blue wall' akin to Dortmund.

Shame really I bet we would have had some very good tifos prepared to troll UEFA/PL/PiGMOL/Scousers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.