Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

They are likely to stand further back as you can barely see anything there.
Brilliant when we are attacking the SS and actually a right good set of lads around us as well. Point is though that we sell out pretty much every game yet there are always loads of empty seats.

Brilliant when we are attacking the SS and actually a right good set of lads around us as well. Point is though that we sell out pretty much every game yet there are always loads of empty seats.
The problem then is s/c holders not putting hem back onto the planner for resale. Not sure why that would be.

The problem then is s/c holders not putting hem back onto the planner for resale. Not sure why that would be.
Yeah I’ve seen it being discussed for years now as an issue. If I can’t go I always make sure I offer it to mates to go and nearly always ensure it’s filled if I can’t. Guess some people don’t really care if it’s filled or not, all they care about is having it for the games they want to attend.

I had a conversation with Danny Wilson, a couple of years ago, and the conversation turned to season card holders not going to every game. He told me of a family of four having season cards and only attending six or seven matches a season.
This must be a common problem at all grounds and doesn't help with the argument for reducing matchday prices when others can pick and choose when to turn up. The fanbase has a whole range of people wanting to attend, some can only afford £15 a game (value gold), up to others willing to pay £100 a game (lowest premium) for just a padded seat away from the hoi polloi. The club cannot reduce prices because those not bothered about the cost will be more likely not to attend, after all pretty much every game is on TV.

I've sometimes thought that clubs should do away with season tickets, and that you put a deposit down, say £95 (19 x £5), just to guarantee an advanced slot to buy your seat. Then sell the tickets and if you miss your deadline, lose your chance to reserve your seat, and the £5 discount. As you buy tickets, the more continuously attended matches attract an additional growing loyalty discount. Miss a match and your next discount is reduced a little.

This must be a common problem at all grounds and doesn't help with the argument for reducing matchday prices when others can pick and choose when to turn up. The fanbase has a whole range of people wanting to attend, some can only afford £15 a game (value gold), up to others willing to pay £100 a game (lowest premium) for just a padded seat away from the hoi polloi. The club cannot reduce prices because those not bothered about the cost will be more likely not to attend, after all pretty much every game is on TV.

I've sometimes thought that clubs should do away with season tickets, and that you put a deposit down, say £95 (19 x £5), just to guarantee an advanced slot to buy your seat. Then sell the tickets and if you miss your deadline, lose your chance to reserve your seat, and the £5 discount. As you buy tickets, the more continuously attended matches attract an additional growing loyalty discount. Miss a match and your next discount is reduced a little.
They need season tickets or the crowds would suffer, same for all clubs. It is easier than trying to sell 50k tickets for Southampton at home on a Tuesday in early December.

I am not sure why anyone at the club would be concerned if people buying don't turn up. I know 'Pearce' emailed fans who didn't attend once, after the 3-0 home win against Birmingham in 2005, but that was a one off and nothing for the last 16 years.

I have to say that I have never met or sat near anyone who buys a season ticket and does not go on a regular bassis, I have had the same seat since we moved into the Etihad and everyone who sits near me and to a degree several rows away we have got to know, some have moved, but appart from the odd empty seat its always the same people, even in the bar areas. I cannot say people dont but it must be very few and I think the people arround me would say something. We have the opposite in our area, everyone askes where the missing person is if they dont turn up, more to make sure they are ok, but everyone is a regular going supporter, at most missing one or two league games, cup games are different.

I've put my lads ticket on the planner for resale 4 times for mid week games, Level 2 SS 3 rows from the front and its never sold.

Why would you pay £65 to watch a nothing match against Palace or Burnley when you don't know if you can even make it to the ground on time. City also remove them from available if they've not sold the rest of the ground as it saves them crediting back £11 in my lads case.

I had a conversation with Danny Wilson, a couple of years ago, and the conversation turned to season card holders not going to every game. He told me of a family of four having season cards and only attending six or seven matches a season.
The difference in seat price between a seasoncard and individual matchday prices means they probably come close to breaking even, especially if they attend the biggest games in their seven visits a season. The comparatively high cost of individual matchday tickets is an issue

The difference in seat price between a seasoncard and individual matchday prices means they probably come close to breaking even, especially if they attend the biggest games in their seven visits a season. The comparatively high cost of individual matchday tickets is an issue
Even worse if you live a distance away and factor in travel costs. Many supporters club members do it for this reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.