Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

As well as hopefully gaining financially as a club I was hoping that if we ever get sold that the buyer would would take this on as part of City package but I think CFG would just sell it separately.

I’m not sure that’s still enough passengers to make it viable. Most routes run all day and have 3 hr busy periods twice a day, whereas the arena and stadium is going to be mainly evenings. Trains aren’t the solution here for me as they are quite rigid in scheduling, requiring planning way ahead. Any new stations nearby need to be on an existing route - maybe that’ll be the case if GM can get it’s trains running better and have a service on that line but we’re years/decades from that. IMHO trams, buses, cars, taxis and walking are currently the best way to handle the large number of people.
An elevated light transport system is surely worth looking at?

An elevated light transport system is surely worth looking at?
Before light surface rail was chosen , from 3 contenders, a mono-rail, like the Seattle one, and a Westinghouse elevated beam for rubber-tyred electric driverless units. Both were rejected due to having to build high level access from street level to track level. Nearly all cities have chosen the Metro option for it's versality, the other two are suitable for A to B with very few if any, intermediate stops.

All these transport ideas are pie in the sky. There is a metro stop at the stadium. All that needs to be done is put on more trams on a match day and when there is a gig on and bingo it’s sorted.

There will be something in the region of 4.5m a year visiting the stadium and Arena from 2023.

And then we will get the the bars/restaurants/hotels which will also follow in the next 2 or 3 years which will increase the footfall even further

With the buses also coming public control by 2025 I would be sure the transport to the Etihad will be fit for purpose at some point !

How soon it will be sorted is the question.

All these transport ideas are pie in the sky. There is a metro stop at the stadium. All that needs to be done is put on more trams on a match day and when there is a gig on and bingo it’s sorted.

There will be something in the region of 4.5m a year visiting the stadium and Arena from 2023.

And then we will get the the bars/restaurants/hotels which will also follow in the next 2 or 3 years which will increase the footfall even further

With the buses also coming public control by 2025 I would be sure the transport to the Etihad will be fit for purpose at some point !

How soon it will be sorted is the question.

More trams? Nearly every home game there less trams running they do it on purpose like starting road works on road leading to the ground on the day the season starts where as at the scum roads a closed every possible transports is running.

More trams? Nearly every home game there less trams running they do it on purpose like starting road works on road leading to the ground on the day the season starts where as at the scum roads a closed every possible transports is running.
That is not true. The tram service this year has been far better this season than recent years. Still not perfect but getting there. It just needs a bit of planning by those in charge to put enough trams in place after the end of the match.

Some if these comment here are hilarious. The suggestions to build monorail, elevated transport systems, heavy rail lines all to transport people 1.5 miles from and to the City Centre for (generally) less than 30 match days a year over a four to five hour period do not stack up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.