Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Not normally a big drinker pre or post match as usual drive.

However, last 2 games I've got the bus and Tram and walked back down the Canal after the match, really enjoyed it, what a walk.

Doesn't take as long as I expected travel time either.

Called in at the Piccadilly Tap both times, what's the story here with all the 70's photo's on the wall of I think, The City Cool Cats? and other lads, who owns it.

I like it, something different.

I used to drive and park up on a Saturday. Still do for midweek games due to working the next day. Don’t have a drink. On a Saturday or Sunday I always catch the 192 bus into town. £2! I have a drink in the Piccadilly Tap, then the NQ, then Ancoats, and sometimes in New Islington, before setting off to the Etihad. Coming back I have couple of drinks in town, then I get the 192 back to Leve for another few drinks and something to eat.

Maybe but it's dead pre match, not been round the other side yet though this season so not sure if much goes on there
There are plenty round there eating and drinking but probably not as many as when it was City Square. But you’re not talking about a lot of money made/lost over an hour and a half of pints and pies which are available elsewhere on site too. And also the production/staff costs of the stage show are gone. I honestly don’t think there will be any significant cost to this.

I love this thread. :-) We’ll discuss everything to death. Agree and disagree. With the odd fall out. Once everything is built we won’t think twice about any of it, and we’ll go to it as normal on a match day.

Last edited:
Because luckily for us Sheikh Mansour has paid for the the previous construction for the club. Should we loan 300m and miss out on champions league for a couple of seasons and potentially miss out on 200m earnings it will be a big problem. Lets hope this scenario does not happen, and it can check out the events at Old Scaffold tonight.
Lol, you're not exactly a glass half full kind of guy are you :)

If Levy and Spurs can loan over a billion pounds for a new stadium, City will be ok.

If City are struggling to pay for the North stand expansion, Sheikh Mansour can look behind the sofa for some spare change from his £35bill personal wealth.

I used to drive and park up on a Saturday. Still do for midweek games due to working the next day. Don’t have a drink. On a Saturday or Sunday I always catch the 192 bus into town. £2! I have a drink in the Piccadilly Tap, then the NQ, then Ancoats, and sometimes in New Islington, before setting off to the Etihad. Coming back I have couple of drinks in town, then I get the 192 back to Leve for another few drinks and something to eat.

Great isn’t it.

Can’t remember the last time I drove or got on the bus with our supporters club for a weekend game.

Swan St, Cutting Room Square, Oldham St and the brewery taps around Great Ancoats St and diecast are my haunts at the minute always a good number of blues out but very relaxed no singing/trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.