Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

I'm wondering how dear it would be to build a platform (well two) ?
I'm thinking, build a station on the line that runs past the Athletic Stadium.
And surely it can still be used on none match days too , ie re-route some services or new ones like say ,Glossop to the Airport via Victoria?
Possibly up to £100million for a station. I think Headbolt Lane near Kirkby was £80million.

That said, Railfuture.org says approx £12 million for a two platform station with footbridges etc though so not sure why Headbolt cost so much.

Last edited:
And surely it can still be used on none match days too , ie re-route some services or new ones like say ,Glossop to the Airport via Victoria?
@kev20971 that is what I was trying to say in my post above

Manchester City is running a bus service now with TFM, so why not take over the line that runs from Beswick Arches(easily convert them into a station with a park and ride and a walkway to Ashbury(Main Line Station) to Athletic Stadium and has a shuttle train that can run back on forward.

When the COOP live was announced they should have started to build hotels etc then

Possibly up to £100million for a station. I think Headbolt Lane near Kirkby was £80million.

That said, Railfuture.org says approx £12 million for a two platform station with footbridges etc though so not sure why Headbolt cost so much.
@Citizen of Legoland

You are spot on with your costs, it is because it is a station not just a holt as they call it which is just a platform, bridge lift, etc

A monorail from the stadium to sale would have been perfect when i lived here and if memory serves me right in the 1970s there was talk of one from town along princess parkway to wythenshawe.

They are building a station in Cheadle with one platform at the moment and that will cost £8 million. iirc

It's not a disused line. They run freight trains along it and also move engines into the maintenance depots at Newton Heath and Ardwick - the latter is seen to the left of the circle in the bottom screenshot (big white building). Sometimes trains run from Piccadilly into Ashburys, then reverse back up the line, so there's a lot going on that is critical to running the network around the city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.