Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Maybe they could use the money they overcharging season ticket holders to tarmac around the stadium, just a thought then the chairman could mention in his end-of-season video
We could all sponsor a square metre of tarmac if its £50-£100 as mentioned earlier.

Damn it, probably just given Scruffy Jim an idea.

We could all sponsor a square metre of tarmac if its £50-£100 as mentioned earlier.

Damn it, probably just given Scruffy Jim an idea.
Don't give our Execs any ideas, took fucking years to get my little metal circle which is just worn and unrecognisable now, funny thing is if they tried the same thing now they'd probably manage to get all round the stadium as planned with all the tourists.

If they do resurface around the stadium they need to look at the water run off, when it pisses down, which is all the time lately, there’s flooded area everywhere.
That's because any paved area needs to be 'laid to falls'. the is the technical way of saying that the ground should always slope and have a drain grid at the bottom of each depression.

If it is perfectly flat odd depressions will inevitably appear and cause puddles to arise. I learned this in my first year at Manchester College of Building.

Whoever designed the paved areas for the original COMS obviously was not aware of basic theory.

Last edited:
That's because any paved area needs to be 'laid to falls'. the is the technical way of saying that the ground should always slope and have a drain grid at the bottom of each depression.

If it is perfectly flat odd depressions will inevitably appear and cause puddles to arise. I learned this in my first year at Manchester College of Building.

Whoever designed the paved areas for the original COMS obviously was not aware of basic theory.
You would think that they would have constructed the Joe Mercer Way with a camber, as with roads, with gutters and drains down either side or, when they do the whole thing again, use some of the material that someone posted ages ago where the surface quickly disperses water…

What about poorly laid and uneven tarmac in such a large area where pools of water eventually gather after the work has been done and signed off?

What about poorly laid and uneven tarmac in such a large area where pools of water eventually gather after the work has been done and signed off?
I don't there is much if any tarmac at the Etihad. I think most of the surface is asphalt or concrete. I am not sure that the problem lies with it being 'poorly laid'?

Unless the paved areas are laid to falls, puddles are inevitable. Even if the area was perfectly flat, this would still arise. Remember that the Etihad is built over a disused coal mine. It should be no surprise to find some minor subsidence here and there. It would be more of a shock if there was no depressions.

It remains a design fault and not a construction fault.

I don't there is much if any tarmac at the Etihad. I think most of the surface is asphalt or concrete. I am not sure that the problem lies with it being 'poorly laid'?

Unless the paved areas are laid to falls, puddles are inevitable. Even if the area was perfectly flat, this would still arise. Remember that the Etihad is built over a disused coal mine. It should be no surprise to find some minor subsidence here and there. It would be more of a shock if there was no depressions.

It remains a design fault and not a construction fault.

I would hazard a guess it’s mostly due to the heavy traffic it gets from large vehicles.

What is going on with the footpath from Holt Town round the back of the Athletics Stadium. That used to be my jib off the back end of the Tram to avoid the queues down the slope, but the gates are now locked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.