Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

GXCity said:
Just had my invite through for the opening of The Connell Suite. Looked pretty good a few weeks ago when I was there for a meeting and it was only half finished at that point. Will feedback on here after and let you know how things look.

When is the opening mate.

Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

GXCity said:
Just had my invite through for the opening of The Connell Suite. Looked pretty good a few weeks ago when I was there for a meeting and it was only half finished at that point. Will feedback on here after and let you know how things look.

F***ing free loader. ;-)

Enjoy the night. Not been on ajolly at City for a wahile, but the food and hospitality was always A1.

nmc said:
GXCity said:

Next Wednesday<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm --<br /><br />
jrb said:
GXCity said:

F***ing free loader. ;-)

Enjoy the night. Not been on ajolly at City for a wahile, but the food and hospitality was always A1.

4 course meal but a cash bar. Tight gits!

Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

GXCity said:
nmc said:
GXCity said:

Next Wednesday

-- Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:56 pm --

jrb said:
GXCity said:

F***ing free loader. ;-)

4 course meal but a cash bar. Tight gits!

Have a great night.

Not City related, but an interesting development nevertheless.

Victoria Warhouse Hotel opposite OT is now taking bookings.

775 rooms. Thtat's right 775 rooms.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.victoriawarehouse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.victoriawarehouse.com/</a>

Add Chuckle 1's hotel and bar, plus the planned United fanzone, and that area outisde/around OT should be pretty busy on Match days.

Is this the old warehouse which had the City graffiti at the top? I went passed the other day and it looked derelict.

Chrisja1000 said:
Is this the old warehouse which had the City graffiti at the top? I went passed the other day and it looked derelict.

The Warehouse Project are using this as their new venue after Store Street.

If you're interested, click on the link for further photograhs of the 2002 Commonwealth Games.

How the City of Manchester Stadium looked during the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Compare and contrast to today's Etihad Stadium and Etihad Campus.

Click photograph to enlarg. Well worth it.

1. Note the building located where the current City souvenier shop and ticket office is. Very similar.
2. Note the Aniline site behind the industrial units. Grassed over for the games?

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/eTfNE.jpg[/bigimg]

From the Air

As 2012 marks the 10th anniversary of Manchester hosting the XVII Commonwealth Games we are taking the opportunity to commemorate the occasion by uploading a selection of images taken by Greater Manchester Police’s photographers during the period.

The event, said to have been largest multi-sport event ever to have been held in the UK, was hosted at venues across the region.

Construction on the main stadium began in January 2000 and cost over £100 million.

The games were officially opened by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, then celebrating her Golden Jubilee, and a great sporting success and major boost for the region.

Thousands of tourists and members of the media flocked to the city from across the Commonwealth and the rest of the world.

Greater Manchester Police staged its largest ever planned operation to provide security for all involved and to ensure that life in the rest of the region went on as normal. The Force received much praise for its work and played its part, along with Manchester City Council and a wide range of other agencies in ensuring the reputation of Manchester was enhanced.

Visit here for more Commonwealth Games images.

To find out more about Greater Manchester Police please visit our website.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.gmp.police.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.gmp.police.uk</a>

You should call 101, the new national non-emergency number, to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.

Always call 999 in an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, violence is being used or threatened or where there is danger to life.

You can also call anonymously with information about crime to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. Crimestoppers is an independent charity who will not want your name, just your information. Your call will not be traced or recorded and you do not have to go to court or give a statement.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmpolice1/7676950274/in/photostream/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmpolice1/ ... otostream/</a>

some great aerial photos on that site showing interesting stuff like

- how the roof rigging worked when there was no north stand
- the temporary seating in FRONT of the Row A of the second tier at ground level

jrb - I think that building IS our shop - just clad a bit different

jrb said:
If you're interested, click on the link for further photograhs of the 2002 Commonwealth Games.

How the City of Manchester Stadium looked during the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Compare and contrast to today's Etihad Stadium and Etihad Campus.

Click photograph to enlarg. Well worth it.

1. Note the building located where the current City souvenier shop and ticket office is. Very similar.
2. Note the Aniline site behind the industrial units. Grassed over for the games?
Hi jrb - as regards your no 1 - it was the same building as it is now. I sat in the North stand for the games.
What is clear is that the temporary stand went nearer the shop than the back of the north stand does today but in order to do this there had to be a gap in the seats to accommodate the roof support which was in place to support the rest of the roof even though there was no roof on the North Stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.