Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Its a total guess - but wouldn't any re build of the North Stand incorporate a new City Square, Museum and City Store etc... As for costs £50m sounds a lot for one stand but I guess the costs will be spiral given the costs of building within an existing stadium that will stay open for most of the process.

Wait what? 2027, isn't that supposed to be by when City will have a Home-grown team? But yeah I mean when does the academy and the training ground construction get completed?

thenabster said:
Wait what? 2027, isn't that supposed to be by when City will have a Home-grown team? But yeah I mean when does the academy and the training ground construction get completed?

The new training facility is due to be completed in time for the 2014/5 season - see here: http://www.cityfootballacademy.co.u...ver-manchester-city-football-academy-in-2014/.

Presumably that means it's opening for pre-season training in July 2014.

thenabster said:

The whole campus project is given a timeline until 2027..But that is phase 1-5
The Academy stuff is phase 1 according to GX. Phase 2 involved the stadium itself and the collar site I think I recall.

I went on a tour of the Site with BAM on Friday , If anyone has any questions I'll try and answer :)

Silvercloud said:
droylsdenblue said:
Anyone notice the floodlights that have sprung up? Are they for the pitches or just to aid construction?

The way/pattern that they've been set up in they look like floodlights to me.

They are flood lights , most of the pitched are almost ready to have the seeds/plastic laid and the roads are almost ready to tarmac.

Was looking through the revised plans for the MCFA on the MCC Planning Portal last night. No major changes of note to report. What i did come across, on the mini stadium outline drawings, was the FanZone2 area thats going to be placed outside the small stadium fronting onto Alan Turing Way. The steps to the new bridge are just outside as well. Given that this then crosses the road down to Commenwealth Way, to where the away support entrances are, would this be an area for the away fans to drink pre/post match or another area for the home fans. It looks like a similar set up to City Sq bar with the preformed roof covers. Anyone know? Perhaps its there as a substitute for the original City Square whilst the North Stand and surrounding area are developed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.