Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Braggster said:
Blue Streak said:
Obviously we all saw the article in the MEN regarding the expansion of the South Stand but has anything actually been officially announced by the club yet? I certainly missed it if they have.
Dunno, but Ferran mentioned it in the long interview he gave in the US

Oh right really did he? Where can I read/listen to this please? and thanks.

Posted by js1000 on Skyscrapercity, Manchester.

Click to enlarge aerial picture.

I'm led to believe City are keen on Holt Town. It's a remnant of industrial east Manchester which will look completely out of place when it's bookended by the Etihad Campus & Islington.

Essentially it cheapens the area after all the positive work that will be done over the past 20 years come 2015. There have been murmurs that both of those gasholders will go for similar reasons.
[bigimg]http://www.waystone.co.uk/write/Holt%20Town%20aerial%20base%20for%20report.jpg[/bigimg]

jrb said:

I'm led to believe City are keen on Holt Town. It's a remnant of industrial east Manchester which will look completely out of place when it's bookended by the Etihad Campus & Islington.

Essentially it cheapens the area after all the positive work that will be done over the past 20 years come 2015. There have been murmurs that both of those gasholders will go for similar reasons.

Ain´t that a Cibitas project? Holt Town I mean..

From 2011
Developer Cibitas Investments won outline planning permission for its Holt Town Waterfront project in late 2007. However, little progress has been made since then. Construction work has yet to start and in May last year Cibitas applied for an extension to its existing planning consent. The application is still being considered by Manchester City Council. According to a company spokesman, Cibitas expects to release plots of land to be developed by outside firms to agreed design principles later this year. The company had originally expected to release land in 2008. Cibitas currently has planning permission for 4348 homes on the site, which is located close to Manchester's Sportcity athletics stadium.

S04 said:
jrb said:

Ain´t that a Cibitas project? Holt Town I mean..

From 2011
Developer Cibitas Investments won outline planning permission for its Holt Town Waterfront project in late 2007. However, little progress has been made since then. Construction work has yet to start and in May last year Cibitas applied for an extension to its existing planning consent. The application is still being considered by Manchester City Council. According to a company spokesman, Cibitas expects to release plots of land to be developed by outside firms to agreed design principles later this year. The company had originally expected to release land in 2008. Cibitas currently has planning permission for 4348 homes on the site, which is located close to Manchester's Sportcity athletics stadium.

Yes. Gone quiet. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cibitas.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cibitas.co.uk/index.html</a>

Delboy352 said:
Can't say I can remember seeing one before at the Etihad, but they had a Skycam there yesterday for the Magic Weekend...it probably has been used before, but is this new and can we look forward to it becoming a permanent fixture next season, or do they only use them for specific matches...Wembley for example for the Cup Finals and this weekend of course??
They're a German Company who are hired for odd gigs. Super League beat UEFA to them for this weekend, as I think UEFA wanted them to do the CL final but thy were at the Etigad Saturday and Sunday for seven games which probably earnt them more than just 90mins at Wembley for one game would from UEFA. It's there at Wembley today, though.

I think it's called a Spider Cam or a Spyder Cam.

These guys probably realise they have potentially hit the jackpot. They invested just before the financial crisis and took a big hit on their investment, then along comes Sheikh Mansour. If you were them would you develop at a loss or look to sell to City at a profit?

Bloody hell didn't realise how big an area we are talking about if that Cibatas area is included it almost doubles the land available.

Caveman said:
Delboy352 said:
Can't say I can remember seeing one before at the Etihad, but they had a Skycam there yesterday for the Magic Weekend...it probably has been used before, but is this new and can we look forward to it becoming a permanent fixture next season, or do they only use them for specific matches...Wembley for example for the Cup Finals and this weekend of course??
They're a German Company who are hired for odd gigs. Super League beat UEFA to them for this weekend, as I think UEFA wanted them to do the CL final but thy were at the Etigad Saturday and Sunday for seven games which probably earnt them more than just 90mins at Wembley for one game would from UEFA. It's there at Wembley today, though.

I think it's called a Spider Cam or a Spyder Cam.

Thanks for that...it would be good though I reckon if we had one of our own...it would show yet again that City were at the forefront of technology and all that...it would give another dimension to games and gigs etc I reckon...

Half the rock bands in Manchester have rehearsals in one of those mills. Poor if we've got to move... it'd also knacker my match day car parking arrangements. On the other hand it is a dump round there and very much a throw back to the 70s/ 80s grim post-industrial negative Manchester caricature.

jrb said:

[bigimg]http://www.waystone.co.uk/write/Holt%20Town%20aerial%20base%20for%20report.jpg[/bigimg]
Can't quite see it on this shot but in the bit marked N/O on the roof of an industrial building between Cambrian Street and Upper Helena Street can be seen a set of tyres spelling a special message for the Police Helicopter...
<a class="postlink" href="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rowsley+St,+Manchester,+M11,+UK&hl=en&ll=53.485096,-2.210274&spn=0.001765,0.005284&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=38.41771,86.572266&oq=row&t=h&hnear=Rowsley+St,+Manchester+M11,+United+Kingdom&z=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Rowsley+ ... ngdom&z=18</a>
<a class="postlink" href="http://binged.it/113S5zN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://binged.it/113S5zN</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.