Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Marvin said:
Thanks for the pictures. Impressive. Hopefully they are not reliant on the Co-op as they are reportedly trying to sell business units to raise Capital for their banking division. i.e they have other demands on their capital at the moment

The development is a phased 10 year regeneration development and new buildings go up as partners are found. The Co-op may own the site but I can't see them putting up the buildings. Anyway for a fly through of the plan go to <a class="postlink" href="http://www.noma53.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.noma53.com</a> Impressive if it all pans out.

Whitworth Park said:
jrb said:
Perhaps City, MCC, and NEM could get these on the cheap from Baghdad?

baghdad_iraq_-_hands_of_victory_TMO100015M.jpg

That would be great.
Park the away coaches on the other side and when Rag's walked under them, let them drop.

What a good idea .

I notice that another sculpture is to be built on the site of the ill fated "B of the Bang" - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/new-b-bang-could-real-4029723

It was only a few weeks ago I was saying to a friend that once the bridge over ATW is up, we'd need a focal point when walking to the Etihad Stadium from the bridge.

As long as it doesn't have spikes that fall off I'm happy. Any thoughts (serious) as to what it should be / what you'd like?

flipmode said:
I notice that another sculpture is to be built on the site of the ill fated "B of the Bang" - http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/new-b-bang-could-real-4029723

It was only a few weeks ago I was saying to a friend that once the bridge over ATW is up, we'd need a focal point when walking to the Etihad Stadium from the bridge.

As long as it doesn't have spikes that fall off I'm happy. Any thoughts (serious) as to what it should be / what you'd like?

Yeah but I'm not expert on this stuff but what I've read about this new status makes it sound like it's going to be off on the south-west corner where the 6th form college is, nowhere near the bridge across to the stadium.

In our academy there are quite a few of the younger age groups who don't play 11 a side, yet all of the pitches are 11 a side.
They'll probably just use cones etc which is fine, but for the best academy in the world I thought it might have been something they'd consider.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
In our academy there are quite a few of the younger age groups who don't play 11 a side, yet all of the pitches are 11 a side.
They'll probably just use cones etc which is fine, but for the best academy in the world I thought it might have been something they'd consider.

But the academy is under construction right now?

S04 said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:

I mean looking at the plans, there are no small side pitches being constructed

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
S04 said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:

Don´t they usually just make two small pitches from a full scale one?

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
S04 said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:

IIRC on the original plans there were a couple of half size pitches. Can't believe for one minute that something like this will have been over-looked............*he says hopefully* :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.