Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Yeah I agree with that, I think our owners have always had a long term strategy. Even in terms of on the pitch affairs, although they are often hard to predict or plan for. There is no way they will have looked at the short term and thought about just adding 6k on each end. They will have thought about things down the road when perhaps we need to find 70k plus capacity and this is the first part of the puzzle. It seems to make sense to build a new exterior shell and that could contain other facilities on the ground level as well, there are many possibilities. Yet again, from a personal level that is what I want to see and so it does steer my thinking somewhat!

Building from the back makes sense, in fact its obvious in a way as there needs to be a concourse area at the back of the 3rd tier and there just isn't that amount of room at the moment. There isn't a lot of room at the back of the existing South Stand and the road at Ashton New Rd. Its going to be a logistical nightmare, especially on Match Days, or is it possible that the vast majority of the building work can take place in the close season? Perhaps there will be stairways incorporated into the build to allow access up to the 3rd tier?

Just been on the tour with a group and the tour guide,( senier ) has said its just a case of the roof going up on cables to put the extra seats in,, will join up with top tears....

The door for That cabin was open and nothing in there just yet, working on it, but will be open next 3 days

blingy said:
Just been on the tour with a group and the tour guide,( senier ) has said its just a case of the roof going up on cables to put the extra seats in,, will join up with top tears....

The door for That cabin was open and nothing in there just yet, working on it, but will be open next 3 days

I'm on the tour Sat, should all be out in the open then

Del_Bosque said:
blingy said:

I'm on the tour Sat, should all be out in the open then

I don't think they'll have the roof off that quickly ;)

Memory might be tricking me (I was very Drunk) but Dortmunds ground had a sort of outer shell with concessions on the ground inside before on in to the main bit??

Hope we get a wider choice of food stalls outside the ground. Hot dogs and chips are all well and good, even if they are Marco Pierre White hot dogs, but a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss.

Chancy Termites said:
Hope we get a wider choice of food stalls outside the ground. Hot dogs and chips are all well and good, even if they are Marco Pierre White hot dogs, but a bit of variety wouldn't go amiss.

Since moving from Maine Road I have missed the Curry after the match, but until collar site is up and running I can't imagine to much variety being offered

gouldybob said:
Chancy Termites said:

Since moving from Maine Road I have missed the Curry after the match, but until collar site is up and running I can't imagine to much variety being offered

I reckon we will see many new ideas via the Legends (Yankees) partnership.

fbloke said:
gouldybob said:
Chancy Termites said:

I reckon we will see many new ideas via the Legends (Yankees) partnership.

I've been to the New Yankee Stadium, there are many different competing outlets all around the concourses with quite a wide variation of cholesterol inducing goodies on offer.

Warning, just looking at some of these delights is enough to pile on the pounds:

<a class="postlink" href="http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-yankee-stadium-eats/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://newyork.cbslocal.com/top-lists/b ... dium-eats/</a>

During the World Series the Philly Cheese Steak was $10.75 (£7.25)!

I do like the idea of the catering inside the ground going to a number of places to give a wide variety of choice and hopefully a more competitive product in terms of price and quality.

Surely if the stadium has an outer skin and inside is under cover MCFC's aim will be to get people there early, eat, do stuff, paid for of course which extends 'the match day experience', all of which City has financial control over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.