Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Funny reading all this " this is that stand " no it's another " it's all top secret ""

Mentioned yesterday that I was on he stadium tour with the tour guide being at city for over 30 years...

I asked If he could let lose any secrets about the stadium expansion reply " no secrets to be told and we will talk about it shortly " then proceeded to talk about the area the academy, then the expansion openly and knowledgeably his words " 6 thousand seats in the south then if sell well six thousand in the north" roof will be lifted straight up " (not removed) on the existing cables, no extra turrets,,, this is common knowledge around the staff there as my my colleagues who was on the tour after me with a separate group got the same from a different guide ..

The porta cabin to be ready and open in 3/4 days

No big conspiracy or build, seems simple roof lift, build on existing structure
Hay I'm no architect but seems the most simple, and I'd be prepared to back the tour guide against any of the fancyfull ideas some of the architect types on here have come up with..

jrb said:
It was staring me in the face.

You can see exactly the same current cable/support configuration on the picture I took this Morning.

Compare both pictures.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lw3KZRp.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img18/3296/e2q2.jpg[/bigimg]

So it is showing the East Stand after all, and the new seats that will link the 3rd tiers of the East Stand and South Stand, but not the actual South Stand itself.

My guess is that the new South Stand extension will be backwards and upwards, which includes the 3rd tier and new roof. It will either sit between the two smaller roof/cable supports in the picture, or they will go altogether, to make way for a bigger and more setback stand. :-?

Great work as usual today - and i too think it has to be something significant to make it worth the effort and cost of removing the roof etc - I just cant see it being the 2500 at each end as suggested, cant wait to see what it actually is. I hope the club recognise your work and interest to date in the development and ask you to formally open the exhibition!

toffee balls said:
toffee balls said:
DiscoSteve said:
some more from a couple of years ago - this one was bang on :-)
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55EW~0.jpg[/bigimg]
note many rows on this one...
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS55NSPlan~0.jpg[/bigimg]
This is frustrating but I will try once more.

Disco Steve's section is like a slice of cake taken right through the centreline of the the stadium right through the centre spot ( family stand through to the south stand ).
Imagine cutting the stadium in two long ways and then prising it open and that is what the longitudinal section shows.

Don't appreciate the zzzzs

Hope you don't mind me asking, but have you been drinking this evening?

Official mock up of newly expanded South Stand:

blingy said:
Funny reading all this " this is that stand " no it's another " it's all top secret ""

Mentioned yesterday that I was on he stadium tour with the tour guide being at city for over 30 years...

I asked If he could let lose any secrets about the stadium expansion reply " no secrets to be told and we will talk about it shortly " then proceeded to talk about the area the academy, then the expansion openly and knowledgeably his words " 6 thousand seats in the south then if sell well six thousand in the north" roof will be lifted straight up " (not removed) on the existing cables, no extra turrets,,, this is common knowledge around the staff there as my my colleagues who was on the tour after me with a separate group got the same from a different guide ..

The porta cabin to be ready and open in 3/4 days

No big conspiracy or build, seems simple roof lift, build on existing structure
Hay I'm no architect but seems the most simple, and I'd be prepared to back the tour guide against any of the fancyfull ideas some of the architect types on here have come up with..

It keeps us going as the long Winter months are starting to draw in. :-)

DiscoSteve said:
jrb said:
Can I just add. I'm not trying to push my views about this onto anyone. If nothing else it's worthy of a discussion until we get to see what's inside the public display portacabin.

I've now uploaded all the pictures onto the computer. Either today or tomorrow morningI will upload and post all the training academy pictures.

Going back to the diagram. I've circled the 2 points of interest that makes me think this is a genuine diagram of how the South Stand will look from inside the stadium.

Click to enlarge. X2.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/lw3KZRp.jpg[/bigimg]

1. The smaller red circle. Note the cables are visible through the vents or are on the inside of the vents/stadium?
They are the just the cables on the top of the last spiral, so OUTSIDE
jrb said:
2. The larger red circle. Note the tapered and longer seating configuration that eventually leads to the enlarged 3rd tier.
3. Note in the diagram how far the dual exits are away from the end of the stand, compared to the dual exits on the 3rd tiers of the Colin Bell and East Stand. Picture below.
Those will be additional boxes I think in the corners where the current corner seating is
There are already stairways up to the third tier in place - you use them to get to the small set of seating currently in the corners - I assume they're just going to use them to get down to the second tier and then onwards down to ground via existing stairways

I have to say I'm quote pleased with how close this is to my offering of three years ago...
[bigimg]http://stevenicklin.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/COMS60EW~0.jpg[/bigimg]
This detail Disco Steve drew would back up what the tour guide says.
However , this is not what City have decided to show on that hoarding as you can see the angle of the existing roof remains the same .

Getting bored now but I am right

Petrovs left peg said:
toffee balls said:
This is frustrating but I will try once more.

Disco Steve's section is like a slice of cake taken right through the centreline of the the stadium right through the centre spot ( family stand through to the south stand ).
Imagine cutting the stadium in two long ways and then prising it open and that is what the longitudinal section shows.

Don't appreciate the zzzzs

Hope you don't mind me asking, but have you been drinking this evening?
Off course I don't mind you asking , leathered as per.

Should have told PLP to fuck off instead of trying to preach to someone who cannot see the wood for the trees.

Portacabin says 'Proposals' not proposal, does this mean that there could be more than 1 plan?

[bigimg]http://imageshack.us/a/img96/1273/lx03.jpg[/bigimg]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.