Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Dunne's own goal said:
not my fault! said:
mikeskitz said:
There are 3 different options for away fans, just been in the unit to have a look it is very impressive

No pictures?

I get an error message if I try to post them here but the photos acn be found http://mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Stadium-Future/Visiting-Supporters

Looking at those options for the away I think they should stay where they are...the addition of the third tier in the SS means they are effectively 'hemmed in' by our support...with city fans above to add to the sides

kramer said:
thetaxman said:
stadium%20expansion_no%20label.ashx

Looks like the expanded ends will have a new roof. Very similar to the Emirates too, hoping the exhibition at the stadium has more (and better) pictures and mockups as the ones on the website are a tad small.

At last images that confirm what some of us have been saying right from the start of the Vegas thread about a new roof

Couple of things that stand out:-

It looks to me that the 2 no existing support towers (the ones without spirals)
will remain at their height and I suspect the existing cable support system will remain insitu in its entirety (could be out of the sight lines or bit like those moving cameras at Wembley they do not spoil the view) . It still supports the front of the new roof although it would appear the remainder of the new roof will be cantilevered back to be supportd by the new structure . No ramps means stairs or escalators.

Business as usual impact will be the loss of some of the rear seating in the south stand but because the cable support system remains the impact on matchdays will be managable.

A bit like the swamp (ughhh) we will lose the drama of the original Etihad roof which I think is immense but I am sure it will make the inside of the stadium awesome.

All in all , I am small time builder and avid reader of this thread and this club is a huge part of my life , I now realise that world football domination is indeed firmly back on the agenda :)

Thank You Once Again Sheikh Mansour

toffee balls said:
, I now realise that world football domination is indeed firmly back on the agenda :)

Thank You Once Again Sheikh Mansour

World domination is when the 4th tier opens!

supercity88 said:
jrb said:
Thinking out loud.

If the club want to double the size of the corp offering on level 2, would they be able to do this if the away fans stay where they are now?

Surely the club would need those 1250 level 2 away seats for City fans.

That's an interesting point, hospitality will be a key to this expansion as increasing match day revenue will be the priority for the club. It will also help balance the cheaper season tickets they provide. I am trying to imagine how they would work it with the away fans. There would have to either be a lip above them or indeed the away fans will have to move. In my opinion they should go to east stand level 3 and definitely not move into the new third tier. That should be solely for City fans to improve atmosphere.

So they can lob missiles down onto our new corporate "customers" in the revamped Level 2 East? Some how I don't think so, personally I'd put them exclusively in Level 1 taking up the blocks where the current singing section is, as they will most likely move to the new 3rd tier.

MCFC BOB said:
I'm gonna go down to the stadium today for a look around. I hope there's more detailed artist impressions.

There's a coloured artist's impression of what the new Legends level could look like internally. Could somebody take a picture of it when they pop down.

Looks like a huge trendy open planned restaurant. Retail wise, similar in appearance and fit out of an Apple store. That's what I thought.

I'm feeling well smug right now...

ISTR I got a lot of negative press for these renders in November

4NS3Ea.jpg

4NS3a.jpg

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271425&p=6189979&hilit=4NS3Ea.jpg#p6189979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271425&p=6189979&hilit=4NS3Ea.jpg#p6189979</a>

nwhn3 said:
Like it. You can also see how it would be possible to continue this around the remaining stadium should it be required in the future. I would kick the visiting supporters into the top of the east stand, as option 3 on the website (sorry to those sitting in the 3rd tier of the east stand) and have all city behind the net.

You can fuck right off! Why should we give the best view of the game to the away supporters? We'd also have to stop access/ egress for City fans between Commonwealth Way (from Asda) and the rest of the East stand meaning that about a third of supporters would have to make a detour to get back to where they have parked.

jrb said:
MCFC BOB said:
I'm gonna go down to the stadium today for a look around. I hope there's more detailed artist impressions.

There's a coloured artist's impression of what the new Legends level could look like internally. Could somebody take a picture of it when they pop down.

Looks like a huge trendy open planned restaurant. Retail wise, similar in appearance and fit out of an Apple store. That's what I thought.

Supporters Club AGM at the ground tomorrow morning - I shall snoop around with camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.