Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

DiscoSteve said:
I'm feeling well smug right now...

ISTR I got a lot of negative press for these renders in November

4NS3Ea.jpg

4NS3a.jpg

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271425&p=6189979&hilit=4NS3Ea.jpg#p6189979" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=271425&p=6189979&hilit=4NS3Ea.jpg#p6189979</a>

It always brought a smile to my face as well knowing how close you were mate.

Image with roof on:
stadium%20expansion_no%20label.ashx

1. Clearly the front of the proposed new roof rests on on the existing torsion ring - placed under tension (to support the front of the roof weight) byt 4 anchors, one at each corner of the ground (as I predicted).
2. The old roof at one end of the ground is removed and replaced within a 4 month period (as I predicted). What I didn't predict is the speed of putting the new tier and seating in. April to September is very quick - they must be considering extensive pre fabrication as part of the construction.
3. Rain water will have to drain to the front of the roof and run off to the sides and into drains at the corners of the ground. Let's hope the new run off can deal with super storms or the folks on the lowest tier could get very wet!
4. The sleek lines of the existing stadium go, but it still looks pretty damn good.

Inside Stadium with roof removed:
681207ABFC75493ABD2112A672E1607A.ashx

1. Looks good.
2. Propagates the problem of the existing 3rd tier for fans leaving the stadium at the end of a game. 3 or 4 exits right at the back would really help in this respect.

Stirling1978 said:
jrb said:
Thinking out loud.

If the club want to double the size of the corp offering on level 2, would they be able to do this if the away fans stay where they are now?

Surely the club would need those 1250 level 2 away seats for City fans.
I was thinking this, pretty sure they will move the away fans.

Whether this is to the new cheap seats, or the more expensive East Stand seats will have to be seen.

With the option to leave the away fans where they are this means that they aren't planning on growing the padded seats further south, I hope. Was worried 220 might creep corporate. But if we relocate the away fans out, personally up in East Level 3, the displaced blues can have the cheap seats the away fans occupy and the cheaper seats in the new level 3.

Atmosphere is what we make it, we'd make a noise against the scum even if none of them were there so does it matter where they sit?

there's no real detail on whats going on behind/underneath those new third tiers
there has to be exit stairways of some kind to get out of that third tier at the very least

as for the torsion ring and cable stays, a close up...
south-annotated.jpg

nobody's mentioned that the third tiers on the sides are being extended slightly or the fact it looks like we're planning four screens...
CornersAndScreens.jpg

YungJoshiiMcFc said:
I'm not sure if I like it or not, it seems a little disjointed or something? Maybe it's just the model though!
...or the disjointedness leaves some nice roof ends to butt up forth tier extensions on either side...

BlueAnorak said:
Image with roof on:
stadium%20expansion_no%20label.ashx

1. Clearly the front of the proposed new roof rests on on the existing torsion ring - placed under tension (to support the front of the roof weight) byt 4 anchors, one at each corner of the ground (as I predicted).
2. The old roof at one end of the ground is removed and replaced within a 4 month period (as I predicted). What I didn't predict is the speed of putting the new tier and seating in. April to September is very quick - they must be considering extensive pre fabrication as part of the construction.
3. Rain water will have to drain to the front of the roof and run off to the sides and into drains at the corners of the ground. Let's hope the new run off can deal with super storms or the folks on the lowest tier could get very wet!
4. The sleek lines of the existing stadium go, but it still looks pretty damn good.

Inside Stadium with roof removed:
681207ABFC75493ABD2112A672E1607A.ashx

1. Looks good.
2. Propagates the problem of the existing 3rd tier for fans leaving the stadium at the end of a game. 3 or 4 exits right at the back would really help in this respect.
Aren't they starting next April and it won't be finished until the 2015/16 season, and if so, isn't that 16 months to do it? Also personally, I would have had options 4, 5 and 6 for the away fans...4 - North Car Park, 5 - M60 and 6 - Any old train line/busy road...especially for the gimps down the road...

DiscoSteve said:
there's no real detail on whats going on behind/underneath those new third tiers
there has to be exit stairways of some kind to get out of that third tier at the very least

I'm pretty sure they won't forget to put the stairs in.

Fair play DiscoSteve thanks for the original mock ups keep the posts coming please mate

And yea I kind of agree with the disjointed comment - I think it still looks cool but not quite right. However, the long term plan is no doubt to eventually replace the Colin Bell and East stand so that it's the same as the north and south all round. Amazing.

Unbelievably exciting times to be a blue. Cherish these next few years cos I reckon in a few decades time we'll look back at these times as the most exciting there ever were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.