Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

GXCity said:
mostonbluemark said:
GXCity said:
The rest of the Campus.

GX, not getting greedy, probably giddy though, might we expect an announcement about Phase 1 of the Campus this year. Might be nice for us to speculate as to the kind of scale can we envisage?

I am not party to timings of official announcements but from the project timeline I would expect something by the end of this calender year

Cheers fella. Can't wait.

Delboy352 said:
Aren't they starting next April and it won't be finished until the 2015/16 season, and if so, isn't that 16 months to do it? Also personally, I would have had options 4, 5 and 6 for the away fans...4 - North Car Park, 5 - M60 and 6 - Any old train line/busy road...especially for the gimps down the road...

Good point - I can't count.

BlueAnorak said:
Image with roof on:
stadium%20expansion_no%20label.ashx

2. The old roof at one end of the ground is removed and replaced within a 4 month period (as I predicted). What I didn't predict is the speed of putting the new tier and seating in. April to September is very quick - they must be considering extensive pre fabrication as part of the construction.
/quote]

Have a look at the duties of the designer/client under the CDM Regs. Puts a huge onus on off site prefabrication.

pride in battle said:
The new south stand extension will contain lifts and escalators....

If you look at this:

stadium%20expansion_no%20label.ashx

You will see a number of fucking huge ladders through the see through bit outside the stadium.

It reminds me of the artists impression of the new Maine Road in in the 94/95 (either Spurs or Soton) programme.

It showed the new ground if the new 'Kippax' was repeated on all four sides.

Surely once this is done, if they wanted to expand again they'd "fill in" the corners and have it unform height all the way round, with the exterior around the outside too that'd probably that it to nearly 70,000

681207ABFC75493ABD2112A672E1607A.ashx

To show what I mean woul be a smooth constant line of seats from top of East stand to top of SS etc

Absolutely disgusted at the time-frame for all these extentions.I'm nearly 70,I want it done,and I want it done now!I can imagine it now,you lot in a 60K seater stadium doing you nut and me in a box in Southern Cemetery.With all this excitement I could go tits-up anytime .

Putting the Away fans in ES L3 would be my choice however, they'd have the best views of the campus from the spirals

any of this been on ssn yet? only if i remember when united anounced they were expanding the corner setions sky jizzed about it for days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.