Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

They did mention the expansion - comes up on the news feed they have running beneath the presenter.

They also had Pellegrini on from South Africa where he said we are still looking for a couple more players.

Corky said:
It reminds me of the artists impression of the new Maine Road in in the 94/95 (either Spurs or Soton) programme.

It showed the new ground if the new 'Kippax' was repeated on all four sides.

Was Southampton. If you look very closely in the top rhs corner you can see a pig flying.

I passed earlier and noticed they had starting putting in the concrete rows on the first part erected of the little stadium, very speedy erecting.

Corky said:
It reminds me of the artists impression of the new Maine Road in in the 94/95 (either Spurs or Soton) programme.

I had that picture on my wall when I was a kid mate, looked ace. Shame we never even came close eh!?

On the subject of the roof I'm pleased top see that the angle of it will change (suppose it has to). I'm no expert and I know that it isn't the most important element in the atmosphere within a stadium but I don't think the angle of the South Stand roof helps at all as it faces upwards and any noise made goes straight up and out. Other stadiums with lower roofs keep the noise in. At hamburg away I remember it echoing and ringing round, sounded brilliant. Hopefully the new stands will help keep the noise in

wahablue said:
Absolutely disgusted at the time-frame for all these extentions.I'm nearly 70,I want it done,and I want it done now!I can imagine it now,you lot in a 60K seater stadium doing you nut and me in a box in Southern Cemetery.With all this excitement I could go tits-up anytime .

Mate, I'm totally with your sentiment there although I'm only a young un at 51.
Myself and my brother used to bleat and worry that we would never see us win anything before we were 6 ft under.
Now that we have won something I'm getting greedy,I want to see us become the team we always knew was hiding there all along.
I want the biggest/best stadium,the very best players,the best management structure of the worlds most professional and " holistic" club.I want to see the envy of all the wank4rs who have laughed at city all these years when they realise that I DID back the right horse all along..........!

These things are coming of course but some of us are a tad short on time so I hope they just hurry the fook up.

And I hope you get to see the lot.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Corky said:

I had that picture on my wall when I was a kid mate, looked ace. Shame we never even came close eh!?

On the subject of the roof I'm pleased top see that the angle of it will change (suppose it has to). I'm no expert and I know that it isn't the most important element in the atmosphere within a stadium but I don't think the angle of the South Stand roof helps at all as it faces upwards and any noise made goes straight up and out. Other stadiums with lower roofs keep the noise in. At hamburg away I remember it echoing and ringing round, sounded brilliant. Hopefully the new stands will help keep the noise in

This one?

2igg4fk.png

warpig said:
Corky said:

Was Southampton. If you look very closely in the top rhs corner you can see Peter Swales flying.

Edited for accuracy....

I have to say I feel very priveleged to have seen the takeover of our club and the whole regeneration of our team and stadium including all the new facilities of the academy. For the last five years it has been one of the best times ever to be a blue, and I have to say those memories will stay with me forever, but in many ways this thread is a living document and testament to all our feelings and excitement and when I am long gone, if this thread is archived the new generations of blues who will have all the facilities that we dream about may still say "lucky buggers they were in from the start I wish I had been there". Mods as a plea from an old git the Las Vegas Thread and this and any subsequent thread should be kept for posterity.

Keep the pics coming lads and the discussions we have a long way to go yet. (checks heart rate, cholestral level, prays I have a few more years in me.)

fbloke said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Corky said:

This one?

2igg4fk.png

This was from the mid 80's. Remember going round Maine Road on a tour and they had a big model to look at.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
So there's to be no 'poxy' 2500 fill-in then, as some moaned?

Not even the start of things to come.
I know,its been 5 years of football heaven,and people ,still grab on to any piece of negativity they can,maybe its time for them to find another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.