Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

jrb said:
Bluearmy said:
mostonbluemark said:
JRB, I fear one of the answers to your question is I think there will be a limit on the £299 tickets. Hope i'm wrong though.

Its obvious, the £299 tickets will be in the cheapest/worst part of the ground... Of course they will.... Its a business, and FFP will ensure all clubs have to maximise profits as much as possible....

TBF there isn't a worst part of the ground, unile like other PL stadia. level 3 South Stand will be just as good as Level 3 East and Level 3 Colin Bell.

I appreciate one level 3 is behind the goal and the other 2 level 3's are alongside the pitch. But having sat in South Stand Level 2 for a few season after we moved from MR, I can assure you the view from behind the goal is pretty good and on a par with viewing from the sides.

-- Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 pm --

mostonbluemark said:
jrb said:
How will the club balance the £299 season ticket against current season ticket prices around the stadium?

I'm not bothered about paying £500+ where I'm stood, but some fans will be miffed about paying the full amount while knowing other City fans are only paying £299 for just as good a view.

Will the £299 season ticket be limited as well?

Will it replace the current cheap limited sit where you're put season ticket?

Plenty of questions to be answered.

JRB, I fear one of the answers to your question is I think there will be a limit on the £299 tickets. Hope i'm wrong though.

Agree.

But the club have 6000 extra seats to fill. There's absolutely no point in adding 6000 extra seats if they can't be filled.

JRB have to totally disagree with you there, i sit in level 3 east stand and i am lucky to go corporate 3 or 4 times a season in the legends lounge, if the food and beer wasn't free i wouldn't go as i think the view is that much worse and that is just behind level 2.

Kompany is King said:
Have been in East Stand Level 2 Block 206 since inception. Fantastic view.

Sat with friends and like the people around.

Don't really want to move but paying £740 this coming season I wonder if/how much my seat will go up to in the future.

Anybody sit in East Stand Level 3? What do you think of the view, how much do you pay?

690 view is ok but not as good as level 2 unless you are on the first 5 rows of level 3

dw7 said:
I hope it's not new comers getting those £299 tickets and people who are getting priced out of their seat get a chance to buy them

I reckon, like the value card, you'd have to already be a season card holder. But first dibs would go to current sc holders anyway as they do now, so if there's any left then "new comers"/lapsed regulars could snap them up. And why not? We're all new once.

1.618034 said:
dw7 said:
I hope it's not new comers getting those £299 tickets and people who are getting priced out of their seat get a chance to buy them

I reckon, like the value card, you'd have to already be a season card holder. But first dibs would go to current sc holders anyway as they do now, so if there's any left then "new comers"/lapsed regulars could snap them up. And why not? We're all new once.
Yeah no problem if there's some left doubt it though with so many gonna be priced out of their seat soon enough

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
the cheap tickets are a great idea and will let local people be able to afford to go again. I hope they away fans are moved and we get a kop like stand ( south stand full of city fans)

or the new third tier could be a new singing section, with the cheap tickets my gues is that the less crazier,less prawn sandwich like fans will sit there.

-- Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:16 pm --

i think we are hopefully copying the german model, tram links, fan zones, cheap tickets. This is the way clubs should be run
In city we trust!
We asked for cheap seats - city deliver
We ask for a kop - city deliver
City ask fans to let them know views of proposals - lots of blues on bluemoon are critical!
What more can this club do!
Imo the new design looks class - there will not b a bad seat in the house!!

If there's one thing that really intrigues me about these plans it's how high the new stands go. There would almost certainly be scope for redeveloping the east and Colin Bell sides to match the new height later on if the interest was there, and I reckon that that redevelopment could add at least another 10k...

pride in battle said:
Why are we giving an extra 600 to away fans???

Premier League rules say that you have to offer opposition fans a minimum of 7% of your total capacity as away fan seating. If we expand the home seating number then it will raise what the 7% of total figure is for awayday fans. It's probably to do with that.

Falastur said:
If there's one thing that really intrigues me about these plans it's how high the new stands go. There would almost certainly be scope for redeveloping the east and Colin Bell sides to match the new height later on if the interest was there, and I reckon that that redevelopment could add at least another 10k...

pride in battle said:

Premier League rules say that you have to offer opposition fans a minimum of 7% of your total capacity as away fan seating. If we expand the home seating number then it will raise what the 7% of total figure is for awayday fans. It's probably to do with that.
So why do united Newcastle arsenal still only give roughly 3k

dw7 said:
Falastur said:

pride in battle said:

So why do united Newcastle arsenal still only give roughly 3k

Huh. Good point. The rules actually say "either 7% of total, or <a specified figure>" - that specified figure is around 3,000, maybe exactly, but I can't remember the actual number. I figured that we were still in the margin where 7% was the smaller figure, but the stadium expansion would push us into the other category. Actually I'm wrong, and you only need a 43k stadium for 3,000 to be the smaller option. So in conclusion...I'm not really sure why we're offering away fans more seats. Maybe because with the talk of moving away fans, it makes sense to in order to not having away and home fans sharing a block? I'm not really sure now.

United also only give about 3000. That's 3.8% of their capacity.

Even the 9000 they give for cup games is only 11.8% when it's supposed to be 15%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.