Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

The Rule for 2012/2013 was

Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, each Home Club
shallmake available to its Visiting Club:
R.8.1. 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s ground is less than
30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its ground
capacity; and, whether or not that allocation is taken up; and

From the Premier League Handbook.

We have never offered 3,000 tickets to away clubs. It's 2,850 or thereabouts so we must have some agreement to do that.

Would anyone like to see a new curved roof/s that mirrors the Colin Bell and East Stand, instead of what looks like a proposed flat roof?

One of my concerns for the new tier/s is a flat roof may detract from the view and make the 3rd tier/s feel claustrophobic.

If you've ever sat in the 2nd tier of the K-Stand at Old Trafford, you will know what I mean.

Would anyone else like to see a new curved roof that mirrors the Colin Bell and East Stand, instead of what looks like a proposed flat roof?

One of my concerns for the new tier/s is a flat roof may detract from the view and make the 3rd tier/s feel claustrophobic.

If you've ever sat in the 2nd tier of the K-Stand at Old Trafford, you will know what I mean.

I'd have thought that the angle of the roof would be more of a concern than whether or not it curves. I can't imagine, though, that in a situation where they are completely replacing the roof in that area they would go with an option that makes views significantly worse. It simply looks like they've designed it in such a way that it provides a greater range of capacity options should they choose to expand the final two stands.

jrb said:
Would anyone else like to see a new curved roof that mirrors the Colin Bell and East Stand, instead of what looks like a proposed flat roof?

I suspect the east and west stands will also be reconfigured eventually - more corporate space etc - so I wouldn't rule out the roof and external facade being extended to the whole stadium in time. This is gonna be a long project.

Marvin said:
The Rule for 2012/2013 was

Unless otherwise agreed by the Board or between the Clubs, each Home Club
shallmake available to its Visiting Club:
R.8.1. 3,000 tickets or, if the capacity of the Home Club’s ground is less than
30,000, such number of tickets as is equal to 10 per cent. of its ground
capacity; and, whether or not that allocation is taken up; and

From the Premier League Handbook.

We have never offered 3,000 tickets to away clubs. It's 2,850 or thereabouts so we must have some agreement to do that.
The difference is made up from seats lost to segregation as these seats come of the away fans allocation

jrb said:

Got no experience in this but I suspect a flat roof will produce a better atmosphere in keeping the noise in like all the old grounds.with these curved roofs the noise generated by fans seems to just drift away instead of being bounced around the ground

nmc said:
jrb said:

I suspect the east and west stands will also be reconfigured eventually - more corporate space etc - so I wouldn't rule out the roof and external facade being extended to the whole stadium in time. This is gonna be a long project.
GXCIiy has already confirmed that squirreled away are longer term plans to extend the sides - and the gap in the roof either side of the extensions gives it away somewhat (or alternatively are there to provide some ventilation once the current grills are boxed in by the small side extensions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.