Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Did the stadium tour on Saturday.

Walking past the boxes on the thirds tier and one of the doors was open with it being used as an office.

Noticed stuff inside from the new Jamie Oliver catering/hospitality outfit, Fabulous Fan Fayre

2 Baseball Style Style Jerseys one in Yankees colours (didn't see any logos as it was back only showing) White with Dark Navy Stripes, another with the same style but colours reversed.

prod

Printed on the back was the companies Initials FFF 1 , they also had the same but in the Navy with white stripes.

Whether this is for the counter staff uniforms or just promo shots I don't know but the Legends hospitality link is a lot more prelevent than I first thought.

Anyway website below

http://www.fabulousfanfayre.co.uk/

ABOUT FABULOUS FAN FAYRE
Picture
Legends Hospitality and Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts – with a working partnership name of Fabulous Fan Fayre – have formed a joint venture designed to offer fans a new, unique, and truly FANCENTRIC experience. We have submerged ourselves in one another’s businesses and many miles have been covered in order to be able to say with some conviction that this is a different kind of partnership and company, doing things a different way. The tired, safe ways of doing things are out – together, we’re bringing new ideas and approaches to delight fans and guests alike and build a strong bond with all, starting at one of the more iconic destinations in the world – the Etihad Stadium.

Pushing boundaries, taking initiative and using our collective passion as fuel is the heart of everything we will do. Fabulous Fan Fayre is a combination of like-minded culinary and customer service providers who seek to change people’s attitude to food, inspiring millions to try new things and get stuck in. The combination of Legends’ expertise performing on the biggest stages of sport, under the brightest of lights with Jamie’s trusted commitment to authenticity, quality as a world renowned and recognized celebrity chef brand means we’re ready to redefine the fan experience and take it to levels previously unseen.

ABOUT JAMIE OLIVER'S FABULOUS FEASTS
Picture
Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts is an event catering company with a difference. We use Jamie’s passionate, entertaining and relaxed approach to food and dining to make every event we cater for one to remember.

Jamie has teamed-up with the owner of one of the UK’s leading fresh-produce suppliers, Nigel Harris, and together they have devised delicious menus for events and locations throughout Britain. But great events aren’t just about gorgeous food. Jamie’s vision and inspiration for Fabulous Feasts was to create something fresh and exciting – bringing new ideas to the catering world – with delicious food, served by wonderful people in new and interesting ways.

ABOUT LEGENDS HOSPITALITY
Picture
Born from performance and inspired by icons, Legends Hospitality has created a legacy of success, delivery and results with the icons of global sports such as the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees as the premier provider of general concessions, premium food & beverage, catering, retail merchandise and tours. Our passion for delivering remarkable experiences, at every occasion, has enabled us to redefine the role of a solutions provider and set a new expectation within the industry.

Legends Hospitality is part of New York-based Legends which also includes Legends Sales and Marketing – an industry leader offering team owners, facility operators and athletic departments premium tickets sales and service, PSL sales execution, sponsorship and naming rights capabilities and sales training; and CSL International, the best-in-class provider of over 1,000 project feasibility and economic impact studies, funding plans and business operational reviews.

jrb said:
Carver said:
jrb said:
TBF there isn't a worst part of the ground, unile like other PL stadia. level 3 South Stand will be just as good as Level 3 East and Level 3 Colin Bell.

I appreciate one level 3 is behind the goal and the other 2 level 3's are alongside the pitch. But having sat in South Stand Level 2 for a few season after we moved from MR, I can assure you the view from behind the goal is pretty good and on a par with viewing from the sides.

I'm half way up EL3 one seat to the right of the half way line and have been in NSL2 3rd row level with the 6 yard area. The view in the North stand was excellent when those in front didn't stand (front 2 rows, that's selfish & it's different upstairs when no-one else is standing to Level 1) but is absolutely nowhere near as good as the view from my seat in EL3. I appreciate that the last 2 blocks on either end of EL3 do not give as good a view as mine and that in EL3 you have to read the flight of the ball differently, but honestly jrb, you'd make a fine politician.

Note also that the ground atmosphere is below you in EL3 and we can't hear the singing section too well (We can hear the SS better). When the new stand is complete hopefully the acoustics will alter so that the sound carries around the ground better.

I fully appreciate that point. Not going to argue that with you. East Stand and Colin bell will always afford better views. Like you say, the corners are a bit hit and miss though. Sat there a couple of times with Friends. It's bloody freezing in Winter as well. :-(

The views afforded were in relation to the new £299 season tickets in the South Stand, if that's where they will be, compared to what you and others pay in levels 3 of the East Stand. I appreciate you pay for the premium view. If those £299 season tickets stretch to the front of South Stand, level 3, that will be a cracking view for the price. Saying that, they may only be for the back of South Stand, level 3. That would be about right.(until you see what other fans pay for standing or sitting behind the goals or near the corner flags, etc.

If nothing else it's an interesting topic of discussion, which will rumble on until the club announce the details and location of the new £299 season tickets. :-)

Obviously the £299 is a teaser and there would be a limited number of these SC's, as you suggest towards the back. I can imagine a split similar to the top tier at Wembley.

EL2's, weren't you informed two summers ago that your seats were being upgraded and that they would command an 'enhanced match day experience' and consequently a higher price? My mate is in EL2 block 202 and decided to stick for the moment, I doubt he will remain there after this development.

I appreciate the far shot is of the North Stand, but flip it around and add a 3rd tier. It's going to look good. :-)

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/nfwazV4.jpg[/bigimg]

Jnr Kisby said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I was very impressed by Yankee Stadium and it has inspired my thoughts on how(within our expansion capabilities) we can improve the stadium. Having 2 layers to the stadium, the first the main entrance section where you find club shops, eateries, bars and sponsor shops and then the inner layer which has the concourses with more typical food and beverage sales I think would be amazing.

Basically the o2 arena in London for anyone who has been there. it has a concourse running around it (entertainment avenue) with bars & restaurants which are still under the dome roof, the venue is then in the central section. Its a fantastic place & really works as it gives you choice where to eat & there are bars too

floorplan.gif

o09v0j.jpg

Yeah, never been there. I'd think City should aim to have non-chain establishments on the campus to differentiate from thousands of other places, I think if we look for slightly more upmarket or smaller chains to give people a different choice when coming to the ground then I think it would encourage footfall.

Carver said:
EL2's, weren't you informed two summers ago that your seats were being upgraded and that they would command an 'enhanced match day experience' and consequently a higher price? My mate is in EL2 block 202 and decided to stick for the moment, I doubt he will remain there after this development.
Yes we were told... :-(
I haven't worked out how much I am prepared to pay... sure to be a higher value than 'her indoors' is prepared for me to pay... :-(
Though the survey at the end of last year asked about prices ranging from £1300 upto £2500

News, hot off the presses folks.

Sadly, it has been officially confirmed to me tonight that there will NOT be a cheetah log flume ride included in the redeveloped collar site.

I for one cannot agree with such short sighted and blinkered decisions and I will be taking my fight for the 'CLG' to social media.

fbloke said:

Sadly, it has been officially confirmed to me tonight that there will NOT be a cheetah log flume ride included in the redeveloped collar site.

I for one cannot agree with such short sighted and blinkered decisions and I will be taking my fight for the 'CLG' to social media.
gutted - RIP Las Vegas

fbloke said:

What about plain old cheetah racing with no fancy new fangled log flume? Surely that's still an option.

EricBrooksGhost said:
fbloke said:

What about plain old cheetah racing with no fancy new fangled log flume? Surely that's still an option.

I fear not.

Sad days.

Puts head in hands and sobs :-(

Are we really sure no water ride?

sobs again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.