Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

I would have thought you would have to build around the cable net, leaving it in place and put up with an obscured view on the new upper tier untill such time as the entire ground has a new roof. I appreaciate this would be very awkward, but it might be possible to secure the cable net to the new structure as a temporary measure, which would allow you to remove the masts and exterior cabling without affecting the rest of the ground.

I do think if City are going to one day match the likes of Barca and Real Madrid we're going to need a significantly bigger ground, and if you're going to make it bigger you've got to go for it, there's no point in going up to 60k if in another five years it's not big enough. Given the cost and hassle involved an extra 10-15k isn't worth doing, I think any expansion is going to be double that, and most of the expansion is going to be corporate, we have got enough of it and it's where the money is. I think any delays in any anouncements about expansion is down to the execs at the club being busy with the need to get construction of the need traning facilities up and running.

I wonder if we'll end up building a new stadium within the area which we now own. That'd be unprecedented (to dump a new stadium) but maybe it's the cheaper option. Surely we're going to need a substantially bigger stadium in order to support the snow balling of our success.

Once upon a time there was chat implying segments of the ground would be brought-in pre-done-ish akin a slice of cake and would be interjected over the closed season (x2/4) and that the museum and shop would be housed within the new slice.

If the new road is to have a swerve in it then it maybe because that end of the ground is a little too near to intergrate an hotel and have a suitable concourse area.

Every Monday morning on the train into Piccadilly, seeing the stadium is simply stunning. It looms up like a giant spider on the sky line. Always brings a lump to the throat, especiallys as you look out the otherside of the window and see where the Hyde Road ground was too.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
I reckon increase the capacity to around the owed trafford numbers...no need to be any bigger than that...this is not south america.

More people cheaper tickets went the shout, everyone can have a do.

lyonfish said:
I would have thought you would have to build around the cable net, leaving it in place and put up with an obscured view on the new upper tier untill such time as the entire ground has a new roof. I appreaciate this would be very awkward, but it might be possible to secure the cable net to the new structure as a temporary measure, which would allow you to remove the masts and exterior cabling without affecting the rest of the ground.

I do think if City are going to one day match the likes of Barca and Real Madrid we're going to need a significantly bigger ground, and if you're going to make it bigger you've got to go for it, there's no point in going up to 60k if in another five years it's not big enough. Given the cost and hassle involved an extra 10-15k isn't worth doing, I think any expansion is going to be double that, and most of the expansion is going to be corporate, we have got enough of it and it's where the money is. I think any delays in any anouncements about expansion is down to the execs at the club being busy with the need to get construction of the need traning facilities up and running.

We should expand the exisiting ground to hold the extra 10 to 15 k and keep it like that for the next 5 years or so. In the meantime, the Sheik buys the area right in the CENTRE of Manchester - Piccadilly Gardens and the surrounding areas and build a BIG ( 80,000 plus ) f*** off stadium ready for the start of the 2017/18 season where England can have their second home - easy access from all the stations and trams.......etc.........

We need a much bigger stadium to attract new support and existing support who cant go because it is too expensive.

I can't buy a season ticket as because of working away from home I only see half the home games plus some of the Cup games.

I don't want to buy a season ticket but i do want to go when I want to go.

I also don't have time to watch out for when tickets are going on sale.

Would'nt it be better if we had a big enough capacity so the ground only sold out on the day of the game like it used to be a Maine Road before the rebult the Kippax.

Not everyone had the lifestyle to able to afford or want a season ticket, it doesn't make them less of a fan.

In the 1930's how many of the 84000 were season ticket holders?
They are all now seen as great fans because we hold the record for an English team.

We need at least a 75k stadium, it might have only 50k in for some games but for a lot of the games it would be full.

Bigger stadum and cheaper ticket prices is what we need.

CityEssex49er said:
lyonfish said:

We should expand the exisiting ground to hold the extra 10 to 15 k and keep it like that for the next 5 years or so. In the meantime, the Sheik buys the area right in the CENTRE of Manchester - Piccadilly Gardens and the surrounding areas and build a BIG ( 80,000 plus ) f*** off stadium ready for the start of the 2017/18 season where England can have their second home - easy access from all the stations and trams.......etc.........
I'll have half a pint of what you've had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.