Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

JGL07 said:
jrb said:
In all honesty it's only a matter of time. At some point the ground 'will' have to be expanded, even if it's just the North and South Stands.

60k is enough.

My concern is that any expansion is going to be very technically challenging and extremely disruptive. But for the roof design the expansion could proceed in stages as the support builds up.

It appears that it will have to be done in a 'oner' otherwise the roof dismantling and reinstatement will have to be repeated. This could mean a season 'ground sharing' while the work proceeds or vastly reduced capacity.

Is there sufficient room to build a new stadium on the campus and is this likely to be technically feasible?

the problem is what will happen to the current stadium if we built a new one.

we don't own the stadium yet and it was part funded by Sport England (I think) and the council will have a say. From other posters on here we know that that option was looked at but it looks like we'll be expanding rather than build a new stadium

FFS I hope someone is going to do a bit of weeding round those lock gates and toe path, First impressions and all that, maybe a couple of raised flower bed boxes as well spelling out MCFC in blue and white flowers might not go amiss. Until they have done that they can't possibly consider any expansion plans.
:-)

nickson71 said:
JGL07 said:
jrb said:
In all honesty it's only a matter of time. At some point the ground 'will' have to be expanded, even if it's just the North and South Stands.

60k is enough.

My concern is that any expansion is going to be very technically challenging and extremely disruptive. But for the roof design the expansion could proceed in stages as the support builds up.

It appears that it will have to be done in a 'oner' otherwise the roof dismantling and reinstatement will have to be repeated. This could mean a season 'ground sharing' while the work proceeds or vastly reduced capacity.

Is there sufficient room to build a new stadium on the campus and is this likely to be technically feasible?

the problem is what will happen to the current stadium if we built a new one.

we don't own the stadium yet and it was part funded by Sport England (I think) and the council will have a say. From other posters on here we know that that option was looked at but it looks like we'll be expanding rather than build a new stadium

I presume we won't build a new stadium.(not in my lifetime)

The current agreement we have with MCC and Sport England is legally binding. As it stands there are 237/8 years left on the 250 year lease, at £3mill a year.(I stand corrected) To get out out of it would cost an astronomical figure, on top of the cost of building a brand new stadium. Much better to expand COMS as and when.

Much better to expand COMS, if and when.

IMO that was the whole point of renegotiating the terms of the rental so that the council got a flat rate per year and we kept all income irrespective of number of bums on seats. Why spend a load of money re building when with the right developement around the stadium they could increase the corporate side to that of any new build, increase capacity in line with how sucessful or not we are. I am still of the opinion until the academy is finished etc etc to enhance the area first, before they consider what to do with the Eithad itself. I have no doubt there are various permatations of plans depending on numbers required. Finally in my view no need yet to start panicking over STs and bums on seats.

I agree with JGL07, the only reason that the owners haven't sanctioned any development yet must be because it would be massively disruptive at a time (FFP) when they cannot afford to have part of the ground without seats.

Our owners can afford to throw mass labour at a job to get it completed as quickly as possible but there must not be a solution available at this time that gives little disruption. Just imagine the outcry on here if any part of the stadium was shut for one or more games. There is the threat of murder when the chips run out ffs.

Just imagine the outcry on here if any part of the stadium was shut for one or more games. There is the threat of murder when the chips run out ffs.

I expect that 7000 STs will be located in the new academy stadium with live link. (Only joking).

Rammyblues said:

IMO that was the whole point of renegotiating the terms of the rental so that the council got a flat rate per year and we kept all income irrespective of number of bums on seats. Why spend a load of money re building when with the right developement around the stadium they could increase the corporate side to that of any new build, increase capacity in line with how sucessful or not we are. I am still of the opinion until the academy is finished etc etc to enhance the area first, before they consider what to do with the Eithad itself. I have no doubt there are various permatations of plans depending on numbers required. Finally in my view no need yet to start panicking over STs and bums on seats.

Indeed Rammy.

Can't see any expansion until after the new trainaing complex is up and running. Once that's sorted along with FFPR, then Mansour/City might begin on the stadium.

As for the collar site. How knows.

jrb said:
Rammyblues said:

Indeed Rammy.

Can't see any expansion until after the new trainaing complex is up and running. Once that's sorted along with FFPR, then Mansour/City might begin on the stadium.

As for the collar site. How knows.
What happened to communication

JGL07 said:
jrb said:

60k is enough.

Why not remove the roof completely in a week and replace it with another design which is designed to meet up with a future expanded stadium. Effectively the roof will be a 'floating design' suspended by additional cables until the new stands are built and connected to the outer edges of the roof. This could easily be done in the close season.

This then frees us to build additional stands as and when with no disruption.

Or am I being a bit thick?

Shauntheprofitmachine said:
tbh, would you rather have 55,000 capacity selling out everyweek or 70,000 with 15,000 empty seats?

55,000 for me

but if the club are going to expand i think they will make it 60.000 and see how we sell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.