Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

kramer said:
BringBackSwales said:
surely twatini has fucked our plans of building a new stadium, we couldnt justify it under ffpr could we (or are stadium build costs ignored from this?)

Investment in infrastructure and youth development does not count in expenditure when calculating FFP

Is it such a stretch to claim that your playing squad is part and parcel of the infrastructure of the club?

BrianW said:
Neville Kneville said:
Some people are more worried about comments from other supporters than progressing.

Teams like Barca, Real & Maaan Uuu often have empty seats in their grounds.

Barca averaged 78.340 in a stadium which holds 98,000

Agree absolutely. We should not allow our development as a club be stifled by the pathetic 'empty seats' jibes of stupid Rags.

Also, sadly, I detect an attitude from some fans which, at root is, 'I've got my season ticket and am OK, fuck anyone else.' The fear of 'glory hunters' and 'tourists' is part of this. But in the old days at Maine Road crowds fluctuated wildly. You could get 35,000 one week, 61,000 the next. Why forgo the big crowds on the big occasions? The money these 'glory hunters' and 'tourists' pay City is as spendable as anyone else's.

definately agree, could never understand this 'empty seats' arguement.

The capacity should be for the optimum, not the minimum. If we know we can get 60,000 for most games then this shouldn't be the target. If we can get up on 80,000 some of the time then this should be the target. It should be based on allowing the most fans to get in to every match possible (whether they be die-hards or tourists), not on whether somebody is stupid enough to get themself into a "but you have empty seats" arguments with some idiot.

Obviously its down to economics. Cost of construction and how long to pay back for different amounts of seating etc, but the bigger the better (within reason!)

How about a capacity of 84570 - records are there to be broken!

Whats happening with the muddy holes on the academy site are they being filled in?

Just found this.

Not seen this PDF report before.

This document had been declared unrestricted.

Outline Approval in Principle for Etihad Campus Footbridge

Work in Progress:
The contents of this AIP document are
based on the initial design
development information and
discussions with MCC Highways. The
contents are subject to further
amendments during the detailed design phases

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/Default1.aspx?097342-ssi-0002.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov. ... i-0002.pdf</a>

We have our own trucks made to measure to use the bridge.
love these official documents.

Excellent, I love the 11 seater golf buggies. City ruining bridges since 2008.
:-)

Well spotted chaps.

More info here.

Johnny Cab anyone?

mq7qF.jpg

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.marshell.net/doce/product/detail_161.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.marshell.net/doce/product/detail_161.html</a>

I led to believe that Wenger first had the idea of building a bridge and having his own electric 14 seater carts and that as per usual, we have tried to ruin his good work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.