Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

simonmdm said:
I've been keeping up with this thread for a long time and I don't think this question has been asked (sorry if it has been).

What is the possibility of adding some more rows of seats to the front of the second tier?

Obviously I know there's a few things that would need to be considered before this, such as is it actually possible to build it safely. Secondly, will people sat at the very back of the first tier still have a clear view. (I've never sat there so wouldn't know but I know that it's a problem at the Millennium Stadium).

If this was possible I'm sure it would add at least a couple of thousand seats.
Flags hanging over the 2nd tier cant go below the level of the tier as it restricts the view (ball in the air, scoreboarsd) so I cant see that one working unfortunately.

Don't understand peoples obsession with there being empty seats at some games if the capacity is increased. So what!. The bigger picture is hospitality could be increased, the atmosphere at bigger games should be more intimidating, more fans would be able to see the games, pricing could remain reasonable, the stadium would be recognised on the world stage.

Also, with a significant increase it would be possible for the stadium hold prestigious finals i.e champions league finals,etc. instead of these going to OT because they have a bigger stadium.

If they do expand the stadium, I personally hope the try to go for 80000 to make the cost worthwhile. If we don't fill the top stand who cares, at least it would be there for when we did need it. If necessary we would be in a position to give away fans more tickets and create a better atmosphere

nwhn3 said:
Don't understand peoples obsession with there being empty seats at some games if the capacity is increased. So what!. The bigger picture is hospitality could be increased, the atmosphere at bigger games should be more intimidating, more fans would be able to see the games, pricing could remain reasonable, the stadium would be recognised on the world stage.

Also, with a significant increase it would be possible for the stadium hold prestigious finals i.e champions league finals,etc. instead of these going to OT because they have a bigger stadium.

If they do expand the stadium, I personally hope the try to go for 80000 to make the cost worthwhile. If we don't fill the top stand who cares, at least it would be there for when we did need it. If necessary we would be in a position to give away fans more tickets and create a better atmosphere

Some people are more worried about comments from other supporters than progressing.

Teams like Barca, Real & Maaan Uuu often have empty seats in their grounds.

Barca averaged 78.340 in a stadium which holds 98,000

Neville Kneville said:
Some people are more worried about comments from other supporters than progressing.

Teams like Barca, Real & Maaan Uuu often have empty seats in their grounds.

Barca averaged 78.340 in a stadium which holds 98,000

Agree absolutely. We should not allow our development as a club be stifled by the pathetic 'empty seats' jibes of stupid Rags.

Also, sadly, I detect an attitude from some fans which, at root is, 'I've got my season ticket and am OK, fuck anyone else.' The fear of 'glory hunters' and 'tourists' is part of this. But in the old days at Maine Road crowds fluctuated wildly. You could get 35,000 one week, 61,000 the next. Why forgo the big crowds on the big occasions? The money these 'glory hunters' and 'tourists' pay City is as spendable as anyone else's.

Will be the biggest statement of intent our owner could make in building a new, bigger capacity stadium.

Not only will we need it in the near future, it firmly puts our club on the map with the ground being one of the few around Europe, able to host the CL final.

surely twatini has fucked our plans of building a new stadium, we couldnt justify it under ffpr could we (or are stadium build costs ignored from this?)

Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

BringBackSwales said:
surely twatini has fucked our plans of building a new stadium, we couldnt justify it under ffpr could we (or are stadium build costs ignored from this?)

Any new build costs and refurbs are ignored

nwhn3 said:

Barcelona average between ten thousand and thirty thousand empty seats in almost all of their games.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:08 am --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
Don't think this has anything to do with FFPR.

BringBackSwales said:
They're ignored.

BringBackSwales said:

Investment in infrastructure and youth development does not count in expenditure when calculating FFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.