Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

There is a poster called It's not my fault who is really clued up. He was privy to some good info, hopefully he might know some info. The stadium does look bland, even more so on a wet day like today!

I honestly think the Holt town project will be linked to the overall plans in every aspect.

I think you will find it is sometimes a thread that concerns them.

Posts such as the fact the trams were fucked up and wouldnt run for a year or so from the supposed launch date appeared here and nowhere else for months.

Various elements only ever having been talked about here such as housing being shifted, property and land having been purchased, the use of the parkland for cyclocross that is still to be reported widely but all accurately discussed.

Its difficult recall every bit but there has been enough on here in the early to prove that the silence now is because leaks have now been plugged ;-)

I just look forward to seeing the tall structures, the integrated design of the new leisure attraction with the stadium and of course the cheetah racing and long flume that will surely happen.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:58 pm --<br /><br />
Chrisja1000 said:
There is a poster called It's not my fault who is really clued up. He was privy to some good info, hopefully he might know some info. The stadium does look bland, even more so on a wet day like today!

I honestly think the Holt town project will be linked to the overall plans in every aspect.

He's a miserable git that one.

Sorry SF ;-)

blueinsa said:
Not a cat in heels chance of our owner pumping in the billions, making us one of the best football clubs in the world and having us playing in a stadium which is not on a par with the worlds best.

Plans will be in place and they will fire the starting gun when the time is right.
Best post on this thread imo

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsMyLt2BTM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TsMyLt2BTM</a>

Seems they've solved the rain problem with this design.

City63 said:
blueinsa said:
Not a cat in heels chance of our owner pumping in the billions, making us one of the best football clubs in the world and having us playing in a stadium which is not on a par with the worlds best.

Plans will be in place and they will fire the starting gun when the time is right.
Best post on this thread imo

Hardly fella, but thanks anyway lol.

Chrisja1000 said:

The very dingy (for anyone who has walked down the canal) industrial estate in Holt town and the two gas works will be going. Aside from the North car park and Clayton Aniline sites - Holt town ideal land being away from residential area and closer to the city centre.

BlueAnorak said:
A mega roof would allow the roof to be closed.

PL rules are pretty tight on closed-roof and retractable-roof stadia. Your stadium can't have a closed roof during games except if you are given a special case - which I don't think the PL like doing. For that matter, you have to get special dispensation to have even a retractable roof, and as part of the dispensation process, the PL show your stadium plans to all other teams, who then have an option to object. If any clubs object, your plans get canned.

Basically, the PL don't like rooves that cover pitches.

Falastur said:
If any clubs object, your plans get canned.

And we know there is at least one club not far away from our own who would object out of sheer pettiness if nothing else.

PL rules are pretty tight on closed-roof and retractable-roof stadia. Your stadium can't have a closed roof during games except if you are given a special case - which I don't think the PL like doing. For that matter, you have to get special dispensation to have even a retractable roof, and as part of the dispensation process, the PL show your stadium plans to all other teams, who then have an option to object. If any clubs object, your plans get canned.

Basically, the PL don't like rooves that cover pitches.

The snow shovellers can rest easy in their beds knowing their jobs are safe. Fuckwits the lot of them, that is FA, Prem rules, what probl;em does having a roof that can open and close cause, if it is pissing down like a monsoon or snowing like in Alaska and shutting the roof means the game goes ahead with the fans in comfort..........................beggars belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.