Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

el blue said:
Who needs a roof, half the lower tier get pissed on anyway.

Premier League rules for bid it.

Danny Hoekman said:
blueparrot said:
Danny Hoekman said:
The vision is in place. Surely someone on here must be well connected and know what the actual plans are. C'mon - discretely spill the beans!
I've been following this thread from the beginning hoping the same . I can conclude that there isn't.

I know! I've actually spoken to a couple of the Executive team over the last couple of years and no matter how hard you try, they will not divulge any information on future infrastructure plans. The only thing you will get off them is some waffle on the club's values etc!!

In the halcyon days of my full engagement with this thread and the larger Vegas one I passed on snippets that have been proven to be accurate if not always to specific.

A few things happened at around the fabled MIPIM announcement (the one that never happened 2 summers ago iirc) that took things way beyond the initial plans that ADUG had.

We now know that the partnership with the council has gifted even more land to the club for their use and the overall view must be one around non-football activities as much as it is a new stadium.

I still point people to the posts I made way, way back about Melbourne being the model to which the area was to work to.

If you see what they have done in the last two years ironically they have replaced an older stadium with a new one as part of a multi-sports and multi-arena sporting region.

How's tricks Fbloke?

Posted before, but what the hell.

Just one tower will do, maybe a little less obtrusive, located behind and above a 20,000 seater North Stand.

fmmn1u.png

jrb said:
How's tricks Fbloke?

Just one tower will do, maybe a little less obtrusive, located behind and above a 20,000 seater North Stand.

fmmn1u.png

I've got to say, that looks hideous.

strongbowholic said:
jrb said:
How's tricks Fbloke?

fmmn1u.png

I agree. Don't like the towers either. However, given the right architect and corretc funding ;-), it could look amazing.

jrb said:
strongbowholic said:
jrb said:
How's tricks Fbloke?

fmmn1u.png

I agree. Don't like the towers either. However, given the right architect and corretc funding ;-), it could look amazing.
That's the great thing about our club right now, the possibilities are endless. We do not know their plans but whatever they have up their sleeves, it is bound to be iconic, best in class and shackled only by an architect's imagination!

Such a great time for us. Such amazing owners. And we're Champions to boot!

more lazy than useless said:
If I understand you correctly, you are saying we would need to have stands without a roof during the season? I know that we can't have on-going work during the season because of H&S considerations, but as far as I understand it the PL rules prevent the use of uncovered stands. I could have this completely wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere (probably this thread!).

Correct we would have to have one or two stands WITHOUT a roof during a season
The Premier League would give temporary dispensation for this as the end result would be a larger covered stand.

Health & Safety Considerations only prevent overhead work in progress during a season and any other work during a game. So long as the construction was sealed off & behind the stands as it was when the rags rebuilt the stands at OT and when the lower part of the New Kippax was built there should be no problem.

6 or 8 huge towers built outside the stadium in hexagonal or octagonal formation around the stadium to hold a mega roof an eventual 4th tier and provide support for an external stadium shell would be awesome and could be done over two seasons if North and South Stands were open air for a year.

As others have said many in the bottom tier up to about row 'M' (with the wind in the right direction) get wet when it pisses it down anyway. A mega roof would allow the roof to be closed.

I bet somebody involved with the expansion of the stadium at City is dieing to spill th beans. Come on, you know you want to. ;-)

This thread is going into classics one day

I like this thread and the old, mammoth Las Vegas thread get a room and get up to some right old funny business (no holds barred).
The offspring will be the droid we are all looking for.

I guess we should be hoping for the CEO announcement...

Still not entirely convinced they (the whole 'collective') have found the right leisure operator yet...anyone know if Paul Gregg's Apollo Leisure are totally out of the picture now?
Still got my money on a 'eden project' type affair...glass domes et al. This summer has proven we need to think of roofs if we want the 365 days a year catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.