Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Bluebee2 said:
View from Alan Turing Way last night, with the concrete tiers in place.

dwf9me.jpg
Exciting.

bluecityboy said:
Bluebee2 said:
View from Alan Turing Way last night, with the concrete tiers in place.

dwf9me.jpg
Exciting.
bloody hell thats quick announce it in the morning ,build it across the road in the afternoon ,lift it on sunday , sorted ! should be finished in time for new season

jrb said:
Bluearmy said:

TBF there isn't a worst part of the ground, unile like other PL stadia. level 3 South Stand will be just as good as Level 3 East and Level 3 Colin Bell.

I appreciate one level 3 is behind the goal and the other 2 level 3's are alongside the pitch. But having sat in South Stand Level 2 for a few season after we moved from MR, I can assure you the view from behind the goal is pretty good and on a par with viewing from the sides.

Of course there is... Level 3 behind the goal will always be less attractive than level 3 along the side of the pitch.... Comparing a different ground to prove your point is silly....

Check the cost of tickets across the league. Nowhere will have tickets behind the goal, less expensive than down the side at a comparable height....

Of course there's a difference, but in the grand scale of things the view from level 3 in the South Stand won't be bad. And at £299 compared to what Colin Bell and East Stand level 3 prices are(?), £299 will be a steal.

Put it this way. How much is it to stand directly behind the goal in the in South Stand Lower, or to sit behind the goal in the Family Stand? It's much more than £299. As for the view?

I'm not moaning about the £299 season tickets, it's a great idea, but some fans will be miffed about paying well over the odds for inferior views compared to Level 3 South Stand.
One thing to keep in mind is that if they're selling however many £299 ST at the top of the South/North stand it doesn't necessarily mean the side stand prices will stay the same. They may come down in price, of course they could go up too but I'm trying to think positively.

jrb said:
TBF there isn't a worst part of the ground, unile like other PL stadia. level 3 South Stand will be just as good as Level 3 East and Level 3 Colin Bell.

I appreciate one level 3 is behind the goal and the other 2 level 3's are alongside the pitch. But having sat in South Stand Level 2 for a few season after we moved from MR, I can assure you the view from behind the goal is pretty good and on a par with viewing from the sides.

I'm half way up EL3 one seat to the right of the half way line and have been in NSL2 3rd row level with the 6 yard area. The view in the North stand was excellent when those in front didn't stand (front 2 rows, that's selfish & it's different upstairs when no-one else is standing to Level 1) but is absolutely nowhere near as good as the view from my seat in EL3. I appreciate that the last 2 blocks on either end of EL3 do not give as good a view as mine and that in EL3 you have to read the flight of the ball differently, but honestly jrb, you'd make a fine politician.

Note also that the ground atmosphere is below you in EL3 and we can't hear the singing section too well (We can hear the SS better). When the new stand is complete hopefully the acoustics will alter so that the sound carries around the ground better.

Carver said:
jrb said:

I'm half way up EL3 one seat to the right of the half way line and have been in NSL2 3rd row level with the 6 yard area. The view in the North stand was excellent when those in front didn't stand (front 2 rows, that's selfish & it's different upstairs when no-one else is standing to Level 1) but is absolutely nowhere near as good as the view from my seat in EL3. I appreciate that the last 2 blocks on either end of EL3 do not give as good a view as mine and that in EL3 you have to read the flight of the ball differently, but honestly jrb, you'd make a fine politician.

Note also that the ground atmosphere is below you in EL3 and we can't hear the singing section too well (We can hear the SS better). When the new stand is complete hopefully the acoustics will alter so that the sound carries around the ground better.

I fully appreciate that point. Not going to argue that with you. East Stand and Colin bell will always afford better views. Like you say, the corners are a bit hit and miss though. Sat there a couple of times with Friends. It's bloody freezing in Winter as well. :-(

The views afforded were in relation to the new £299 season tickets in the South Stand, if that's where they will be, compared to what you and others pay in levels 3 of the East Stand. I appreciate you pay for the premium view. If those £299 season tickets stretch to the front of South Stand, level 3, that will be a cracking view for the price. Saying that, they may only be for the back of South Stand, level 3. That would be about right.(until you see what other fans pay for standing or sitting behind the goals or near the corner flags, etc.

If nothing else it's an interesting topic of discussion, which will rumble on until the club announce the details and location of the new £299 season tickets. :-)

Have been in East Stand Level 2 Block 206 since inception. Fantastic view.

Sat with friends and like the people around.

Don't really want to move but paying £740 this coming season I wonder if/how much my seat will go up to in the future.

Anybody sit in East Stand Level 3? What do you think of the view, how much do you pay?

Is the design for the South Stand pretty much set in stone then with the only question being
"Where the away fans sit?"

Seems so

I have read that the initial capacity after expanding the South Stand will be 54,000. That's an increase of 6,500. Is that purely from the 3rd tier above the South Stand, or does it include filling in the corners? Would the North Stand construction be identical to the South Stand plans? If so, that would that give us a capacity of 60,500.

Kompany is King said:
Have been in East Stand Level 2 Block 206 since inception. Fantastic view.

Sat with friends and like the people around.

Don't really want to move but paying £740 this coming season I wonder if/how much my seat will go up to in the future.

Anybody sit in East Stand Level 3? What do you think of the view, how much do you pay?

I've sat in east 2 and east 3. Currently in east 301 views great and only £495 for gold. I won't move now unless I have too.

fantastic that there will be cheap season ticket sections gives people like me who are struggling financially a chance to be able to go again ( gave up season ticket - couldnt afford it)

not really up to date on everything are the away fans being moved ????

i hope so the whole south stand full of city fans would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.