Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant pictures and it all looks really very good in terms of the training complex and those pictures are wonderful, its great to see so much progress being made and 2014 looks like it will be an excellent year for City off the the field regardless of whatever success we have on it!

fbloke said:
GXCity said:
droylsdenblue said:
I met a guy in Plzen who said he'd been charged with setting up a new City museum.

-- Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm --

Probably on a match day!

Didn't Gary James say that there was insufficient memorabilia due to Swales selling it off for a museum? I may be wrong but I am sure Gary can confirm

A couple of years ago the club began the search for all memorabilia and club historical bits and pieces.

I'm not sure how that went (if you remember they were looking for fans willing to help out) but I can only imagine that that was to back fill what Swales fucked up.

I remember Gary posting that they had started the hunt but had proved unsuccessful so the museum plan had been shelved. Then again, as we have no 'istry we could probably set one up in a programme kiosk

fbloke said:
GXCity said:
droylsdenblue said:
I met a guy in Plzen who said he'd been charged with setting up a new City museum.

-- Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:00 pm --

Probably on a match day!

Didn't Gary James say that there was insufficient memorabilia due to Swales selling it off for a museum? I may be wrong but I am sure Gary can confirm

A couple of years ago the club began the search for all memorabilia and club historical bits and pieces.

I'm not sure how that went (if you remember they were looking for fans willing to help out) but I can only imagine that that was to back fill what Swales fucked up.
They've still got Bernard Halfords porcelain bull as featured on Bluemoon Rising

http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?104315-dsx-0004.pdf

First time i've had a good look at that.
Has the decision to build the South Stand End on its own or do North and South together been made?
The stadium would look a little lopsided with just one end being developed imo. Are the club waiting to see if the potential uptake from old/new season card holders is sufficient to warrant doing both? Does anyone know what the current uptake is for SC's is for the 2015/16 season (the 100 quid deposit thing)?
Am I on my own in looking at the plans and thinking the big screens in each corner take up a huge amount of potential seat space. Perhaps they draw more potential advertising money than the seat income they would replace? Wouldn't greater seat capacity be of greater long term benefit and couldn't the layout of big screens be similar to the way the Allianz was laid out?

Kinkys Left Foot said:
http://www.publicaccess.manchester.gov.uk/associateddocs/selecteddoc.aspx?104315-dsx-0004.pdf

First time i've had a good look at that.
Has the decision to build the South Stand End on its own or do North and South together been made?
The stadium would look a little lopsided with just one end being developed imo. Are the club waiting to see if the potential uptake from old/new season card holders is sufficient to warrant doing both? Does anyone know what the current uptake is for SC's is for the 2015/16 season (the 100 quid deposit thing)?
Am I on my own in looking at the plans and thinking the big screens in each corner take up a huge amount of potential seat space. Perhaps they draw more potential advertising money than the seat income they would replace? Wouldn't greater seat capacity be of greater long term benefit and couldn't the layout of big screens be similar to the way the Allianz was laid out?
Did you go and see the exhibition at the ground and leave all these comments you have for them to think about?

Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Moggzy said:
Only the south stand is getting built, with further plans to extend beyond 2016 if the demand is there. The SC waiting list and replies from fans for additional season cards (350ish) wasn't enough to convince the facilities team to do both ends at once. It will still be an awesome stadium when finished though.

Is that official mate? Just I have heard the opposite from one of the tenders just before Christmas.

Moggzy said:

I thought the SC waiting list for the cheaper SC was over 4000 and that was probably 3 or 4 weeks ago. To me that suggests there is demand there considering its another 20 months before we'd see the increase. I didnt realise it had been confirmed that they were only doing the south stand first.

Moggzy said:

Better let the RFU know then as they are getting ready to start selling tickets for the full 62,000 as stated on all the documents! Also it would cost more in building, planning, legal and works costs to do it in 2 stages and apart from anything else would look architecturally ridiculous! With the prices offered it has surpassed the interest they had hoped to get by a fair distance already! Both ends will get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.