Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
It's essentially the principle that underpinned the building of first trans-continental railway in the US - one set started on the East Coast and the other on the West Coast (early hip-hop wars anyone?)with a figurative finishing line about two thirds of the way across from the East because of the Rockies iirc. However, as Falastur has said this concept would contain too many fault lines to be worth the risk at the Etihad, although it would make for interesting spread betting over the summer of 2015.

I would be shocked if they didn't do both ends at once. Since September 1st 2008 things haven't been done by halves and impact is a big part of the 'project'. To think they used to use that word as a stick to beat us. Don't see that too much these days.
Now the old west coast boys drafted in a little help from the Chinese when the going got tough; Yang Sing at one end anyone?
No thanks EBG, it's gone right downhill lately.
Thanks for tip as I've not been for years.

EricBrooksGhost said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
Now the old west coast boys drafted in a little help from the Chinese when the going got tough; Yang Sing at one end anyone?
No thanks EBG, it's gone right downhill lately.
Thanks for tip as I've not been for years.
The two brothers (Harry and Gerry) fell out and went their separate ways and it's never been the same since imo. That said I've just remembered I took PB in there a few months back and it wasn't bad actually, but still not as good as before.

I'm not in the know with regards to the Stadium expansion but not sure if the majority of public realise that on large projects such as the academy, the primary contractor (BAM in this case) subcontract a lot of the work out to other firms, I have a few mates who work for CHC for example who did a lot of civils on the academy site, it doesn't really matter who the primary contractor is as there will be many different firms working for them.

I reckon GXCity is the only true ITK with regards to bits I've been told about the stadium, he's never said anything to make me doubt he isn't quite heavily involved :)

worsleyweb said:
EricBrooksGhost said:
fbloke said:
I wonder if that is done so that we will still have 60k for CL matches?
Can we put the media boys there instead of kicking myself and other blue brethren out of 326

The lowering of the pitch and the extra 3 rows will really help the atmosphere in my opinion. Make it much closer to the pitch. The gap at the moment is a bit too big.

Thought the front section of the Lower tier was being re profiled rather than the pitch lowered

travelman said:
jrb said:
Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb did you not go to burnden park then, front row there meant you couldn't see the ball at the other end

As a 7 year old at Wembley in 69 I had to stand to see over the wall in front of the pitch on the front row opposite the Royal Box and the curve of the pitch meant I couldn't see the ball being passed down the opposite wing and only saw Tony Coleman's feet in the second half. These seats should be offered out for free to local schools....

gouldybob said:
travelman said:
jrb said:
Went to Fratton Park years ago when we drew 2-2. Couldn't get a ticket for the City end, so I got 2 tickets(1 for the Mrs) in their main stand. Little did I realize at the time that I would was sat on the front row. So what you might think.

Your head is just above the pitch. So your eye line/sight is the players calfs/legs. :-?

You can just about see it on this picture.(click to enlarge)

Note the steps with the yellow paint and the seats below the perimeter around the pitch.(yellow paint)

Definitely the worst seat I've ever sat in.

[bigimg]http://www.tothe92.co.uk/images/pic/panoramic/fratton_park_panoramic_1.jpg[/bigimg]

And yes, typical City. Portsmouth scored in the last minute, Everyone was going mad apart from 2 City fans sat at the front of the stand. It didn't go unnoticed. :-)

jrb did you not go to burnden park then, front row there meant you couldn't see the ball at the other end

As a 7 year old at Wembley in 69 I had to stand to see over the wall in front of the pitch on the front row opposite the Royal Box and the curve of the pitch meant I couldn't see the ball being passed down the opposite wing and only saw Tony Coleman's feet in the second half. These sheets should be offered out for free to local schools....
To the wind!

Plans showed Legends Lounge being refurbished and there were new lounges in the extension for the rebranded padded seats on Level 2 West and East Stand, going towards the Southern End of the Stadium

GXCity said:
fbloke said:
GXCity said:
Didn't Gary James say that there was insufficient memorabilia due to Swales selling it off for a museum? I may be wrong but I am sure Gary can confirm

A couple of years ago the club began the search for all memorabilia and club historical bits and pieces.

I'm not sure how that went (if you remember they were looking for fans willing to help out) but I can only imagine that that was to back fill what Swales fucked up.

I remember Gary posting that they had started the hunt but had proved unsuccessful so the museum plan had been shelved. Then again, as we have no 'istry we could probably set one up in a programme kiosk

Actually, we did set up a very successful (for the period) museum that opened at Christmas 2003 and was eventually closed to enable the store/ticket office expansion in 2009.

We gathered loads of memorabilia from fans, such as Tommy Muir, and ex-players' families such and Ernie Toseland, but it had only cost £350,000 to set up - a fraction of what other clubs had paid - and it had little investment so became rundown. Nevertheless it attracted between 20,000 and 25,000 per year and was more popular than similar club attractions (at tat time such as WHU, CFC and Ben LFC when it first opened). It also won a few regional awards and was the first footballing club museum ever to be short listed for a national museum industry award.

Gary James said:
GXCity said:
fbloke said:
A couple of years ago the club began the search for all memorabilia and club historical bits and pieces.

I'm not sure how that went (if you remember they were looking for fans willing to help out) but I can only imagine that that was to back fill what Swales fucked up.

I remember Gary posting that they had started the hunt but had proved unsuccessful so the museum plan had been shelved. Then again, as we have no 'istry we could probably set one up in a programme kiosk

Actually, we did set up a very successful (for the period) museum that opened at Christmas 2003 and was eventually closed to enable the store/ticket office expansion in 2009.

We gathered loads of memorabilia from fans, such as Tommy Muir, and ex-players' families such and Ernie Toseland, but it had only cost £350,000 to set up - a fraction of what other clubs had paid - and it had little investment so became rundown. Nevertheless it attracted between 20,000 and 25,000 per year and was more popular than similar club attractions (at tat time such as WHU, CFC and Ben LFC when it first opened). It also won a few regional awards and was the first footballing club museum ever to be short listed for a national museum industry award.
Where's the memorabilia now, Gary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.