Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Moggzy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Exactly. Even with the incentive of an installment plan, what is being stated is that we have discovered only 350 new paying customers?

The literature, alone, would have cost more than the revenue this would bring in.

Was tier two not already outlined for solely corporate use?

If I was a corporate customer, I would want my clients with the best view in the house, not behind a goal.

The initial expansion plan made it perfectly clear that the option was to build the South Stand first, unless the take-up permitted otherwise.

Not disputing Moggyz statement that this is how it will go.

Only that the numbers seem so low?

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

Waiting list - in the 1000's ( I don't know the figures but circa 4000)

The 350 uptake is not for people on the waiting list, it's for existing sc holders to have an additional sc. It these two numbers together that have meant a two phased approach to expansion.

And the south stand is mainly corporate.

I'm out and I'll not 'I told you so' when it's announced.

It's clear somebody has made a very bad call trying to ask £100 in the first place.

Both me and my Dad are on the waiting list and paying by instalments. You could only go on the waiting list if you paid £100 or spread it over 4 payments so 4000 is a fantastic number.

So two different people on here have been told different things about the stadium expansions and both are certain they are right?

Sounds as if we've been there before and to be perfectly frank we will undoubtedly be there again.

My take on this, and the point I made a while back is that we will see both ends done because we have agreed to do so for the RWC match. All other spin on only doing one end unless demand dictates otherwise was part of the marketing plans to get people a tad panicked and get their £100 spent.

Think on as well that *If* the club only did one end of the ground it would likely have an impact on the other developments planned around the ground as well.

I do agree with TH that the marketing side of things has gone a tad awry, as has the old City Circle project. Are the club trying to be too clever and do too much at once? I suspect they are, especially when many of the staff involved have new bosses too.

no one seems to have replied the plans to remove trees fences etc that were passed and shown on here were they at the north or south ends ? wernt fresh roads around the stadium passed as well ? this should give some indication what we are extending ?

If there are 4 to 5k on a waiting list, who have all paid £100, then that demonstrates the demand is there. There'll be a lot more in 2 years time, especially if the team stays near the top of the table. Surely the club know that. Some people know what they are doing in 2 years time, others don't and can't afford £100 up front for something that's not happening for 2 years.

I thought the soiree that De Niro, Eccles and others went to was quite clear that it was both ends; I've posted on here before that the supporters clubs meeting were told both stands but as that information was second/third hand I can't vouch for it and may be subject to misinterpretation.

EricBrooksGhost said:
I thought the soiree that De Niro, Eccles and others went to was quite clear that it was both ends; I've posted on here before that the supporters clubs meeting were told both stands but as that information was second/third hand I can't vouch for it and may be subject to misinterpretation.

No definitive answer was given on that but as I said earlier they said that the preferred option was both at once for numerous reason but waiting list demand would be a factor

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, is that both roof supports at *each end of the stadium*, are behind large metal hoardings. I posted some pictures a while back.

This would suggest that both ends will be expanded, regardless of all the other indicators.

As someone has mentioned maybe 2 companies will do an end each? All I know is that the RFU have got a confirmed agreement that the capacity will be at the 62,117 ish level for the world cup game at our stadium. They have it in all the itinerary and my rugby mad uncle who corporates at Twickenham every game with bill Beaumont asked the question on my behalf as it was at our stadium. Maybe 2 companies doing an end each would be quicker/more organised? As jrb has stated as well there is already pre-work started behind both stands so would tie in with what I've been told.150% true though that the RFU have documents stating over 62,000 capacity

richards30 said:
As someone has mentioned maybe 2 companies will do an end each? All I know is that the RFU have got a confirmed agreement that the capacity will be at the 62,117 ish level for the world cup game at our stadium. They have it in all the itinerary and my rugby mad uncle who corporates at Twickenham every game with bill Beaumont asked the question on my behalf as it was at our stadium. Maybe 2 companies doing an end each would be quicker/more organised? As jrb has stated as well there is already pre-work started behind both stands so would tie in with what I've been told.150% true though that the RFU have documents stating over 62,000 capacity

I'm not refuting any of the above, but the clubs facilities and stadium management won't spend circa 40m just to suit one RFU game, not when return on investment is paramount.

Moggzy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
sky tot said:
Is it not a little contradictory to state there are thousands on the waiting list but only 350 have paid £100 up front?

Im on the waiting list but I`m paying the £100 in instalments, £50 payed so far.

Exactly. Even with the incentive of an installment plan, what is being stated is that we have discovered only 350 new paying customers?

The literature, alone, would have cost more than the revenue this would bring in.

Was tier two not already outlined for solely corporate use?

If I was a corporate customer, I would want my clients with the best view in the house, not behind a goal.

The initial expansion plan made it perfectly clear that the option was to build the South Stand first, unless the take-up permitted otherwise.

Not disputing Moggyz statement that this is how it will go.

Only that the numbers seem so low?

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

Waiting list - in the 1000's ( I don't know the figures but circa 4000)

The 350 uptake is not for people on the waiting list, it's for existing sc holders to have an additional sc. It these two numbers together that have meant a two phased approach to expansion.

And the south stand is mainly corporate.

I'm out and I'll not 'I told you so' when it's announced.

To my knowledge the only corporate seats that will be in the newly extended South Stand will be those associated with the enlarged Legends Lounge. Reading through all the literature available that's a maximum of 550, that's less than 10% of the new seats available. As I said before your information is to be treated with scepticism. Accept that you may be posting in good faith, but it flies in the face of everything we know as fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.