Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was assuming that if they did both ends together, it would mean that they wouldn't start on the collar site until after that. Then we have the story from goal.com - which is a source I'd give more credence to than some on here - saying that within a couple of months the use of the collar site will be announced. Presumably work will then start on the collar site in fairly short order after a consultation and planning application. The goal.com story seems to suggest that South Stand expansion will come first: "Building work on the Etihad Stadium will begin soon after the final ball of the season is kicked in May, with the South Stand expansion the first order of business ahead of the ground's increase in capacity to 61,000".

Anyway, as people have said, there are currently contradictory indicators but my assumption would be that either goal.com is wrong about the collar site or else the North Stand will come later. Happy to be corrected by someone whose post is based on something more than my simple conjecture.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Gary James said:
GXCity said:
I remember Gary posting that they had started the hunt but had proved unsuccessful so the museum plan had been shelved. Then again, as we have no 'istry we could probably set one up in a programme kiosk

Actually, we did set up a very successful (for the period) museum that opened at Christmas 2003 and was eventually closed to enable the store/ticket office expansion in 2009.

We gathered loads of memorabilia from fans, such as Tommy Muir, and ex-players' families such and Ernie Toseland, but it had only cost £350,000 to set up - a fraction of what other clubs had paid - and it had little investment so became rundown. Nevertheless it attracted between 20,000 and 25,000 per year and was more popular than similar club attractions (at tat time such as WHU, CFC and Ben LFC when it first opened). It also won a few regional awards and was the first footballing club museum ever to be short listed for a national museum industry award.
Where's the memorabilia now, Gary?

David bernstein nicked it

petrusha said:
I was assuming that if they did both ends together, it would mean that they wouldn't start on the collar site until after that. Then we have the story from goal.com - which is a source I'd give more credence to than some on here - saying that within a couple of months the use of the collar site will be announced. Presumably work will then start on the collar site in fairly short order after a consultation and planning application. The goal.com story seems to suggest that South Stand expansion will come first: "Building work on the Etihad Stadium will begin soon after the final ball of the season is kicked in May, with the South Stand expansion the first order of business ahead of the ground's increase in capacity to 61,000".

Anyway, as people have said, there are currently contradictory indicators but my assumption would be that either goal.com is wrong about the collar site or else the North Stand will come later. Happy to be corrected by someone whose post is based on something more than my simple conjecture.

The first phase of the collar site will run concurrently with the stadium expansion.

GXCity said:
petrusha said:

The first phase of the collar site will run concurrently with the stadium expansion.

Which you did mention years ago..So the blueprint is still the same I guess?

<a class="postlink" href="http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/12/manchester_city_submit_planning_application" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://stadiumdb.com/news/2013/12/manch ... pplication</a>

GXCity said:

Even if the expansion is both ends at the same time? That's very good news.

1.618034 said:
petrusha said:
GXCity said:

Even if the expansion is both ends at the same time? That's very good news.

South being done first, according to the link above...

The one posted by failsworthblueboy? That's dated 2 December 2013, and quotes the Daily Mail as its source. I presume that the pictures are taken from the planning application and the news about the South Stand being done first is simply taken from the club's initial autumn announcement regarding the expansion. Based on my quick look, I see little in the way the article is written or in the site itself to suggest the authors are likely to be privy to any serious information about the expansion that isn't in the public domain. If I'm being unduly dismissive, then I apologise in advance but with respect to the poster who supplied the link, I was hoping for something a little more self-evidently authoritative.

Lifted from Twitter this evening:

[bigimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc7F5IQCAAA38vQ.jpg:large[/bigimg]

This is the same place approx 12-18 months ago. <a class="postlink" href="http://goo.gl/maps/rVObt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goo.gl/maps/rVObt</a>

(you can see the road markings are the same).

I still think they'll do both ends before doing anything on the collar site as the construction compounds for both ends are hosted on the collar site as depicted in this diagram from the official planning app
ConstructionCompound.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.