Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
With being away from Manchester for the last 10 years, and only getting back a couple of times in that period - I love this thread. The wife however thinks i'm a bit strange as I stare at pictures of a building site 10,000 miles away with a little tear in my eye.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Looks great. Do think blue and white would look better than grey though

Im sure we'll be able to clad it after the Manchester rain has done its work over the next couple of years

I have a question, does anybody know what will happen to Carrington & Platt Lane when we move to the new campus?

Thanks for the photos again JRB. So bloody excited for the next few years.

ws01 said:
I have a question, does anybody know what will happen to Carrington & Platt Lane when we move to the new campus?

Thanks for the photos again JRB. So bloody excited for the next few years.

I'll quote a post I made a while back when this was discussed (see here - http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=244975&p=6865653):

There's some discussion ... back in this thread about what will happen to Carrington: http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=244975&p=6722949. No one seems absolutely sure about the position in terms of whether we lease or own it, and if we lease it, who the landlord is. However, I do know that City have been telling supporters' club meetings and the like that we'll move out of Carrington completely when the new facility opens.

Though the Academy will be leaving Platt Lane, the fact that we spent 80 years with our home ground a stone's throw away means that the club is keen to keep some kind of base there. I believe it's likely to be some kind of City in the Community outpost to serve the Moss Side area.

PS - Thanks, jrb. Very exciting to see it really taking shape now.

Everything is now beginning to take shape off the pitch as well as on it. Great pics JRB.

Need to find out who JRB actually is.........

My guess is Simon Templer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.