Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found these details on the Manchester City Council Planning website:

<a class="postlink" href="http://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=dates&keyVal=MWV624BC03O00" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://pa.manchester.gov.uk/online-appl ... 624BC03O00</a>

104315/FO/2013/N2 | Alterations to the Etihad Stadium, including increasing the overall height of the South and North stands and associated elevational alterations, to allow an increase each stand capacity by up to 6,250 seats respectively and up to 2,000 additional pitch side seats creating a total match day capacity of up to 62,170 seats (from 47,670), expansions of concourse facilities, alteration to public realm including changes to car parking layout, landscaping and boundary treatments and associated infrastructure works | Etihad Stadium Etihad Campus Manchester M11 3FF

Contacts Important Dates

Application Validated Date: 25 Nov 2013
Determination Deadline: 17 Mar 2014

Damocles said:
up to 2,000 additional pitch side seats

What does this mean? Like literally a row on the lowest level?

3 rows I think mate.

Spoke to someone about the collar site yesterday. He Knew about the longer term master plan which involves significant hotel schemes. A ridiculously huge souvenir shop on the collar site and also an area where city fans can use facilities on a par with the players for things like 5 a side, gym, swimming etc. from what he said what we have seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg. he said the development was in many phases and eventually involved building over the Mercedes garage.

I will try and find out more from him.

worsleyweb said:
Damocles said:
up to 2,000 additional pitch side seats

What does this mean? Like literally a row on the lowest level?

3 rows I think mate.

Spoke to someone about the collar site yesterday. He Knew about the longer term master plan which involves significant hotel schemes. A ridiculously huge souvenir shop on the collar site and also an area where city fans can use facilities on a par with the players for things like 5 a side, gym, swimming etc. from what he said what we have seen so far is only the tip of the iceberg. he said the development was in many phases and eventually involved building over the Mercedes garage.

I will try and find out more from him.

Bloody hell it's exciting enough already without this! Please ask your friend how long the log flume's going to be.

I'm not exactly a genius here, but does that mean that they'll be digging in and lowering the pitch to fit these new rows on?

Damocles said:
Then how will they put 3 new rows on the front?

Changing the profile of the steps at the bottom so it curves slightly...

There is a pic somewhere on here that shows it.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=770" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=290545&start=770</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.