Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Soriano states in the annual report "public consultation on the potential expansion of the Etihad Stadium to a capacity of 54,000 and in time 60,000".

Guess it's one end at a time then?

I did initially think that too but everything he said seemed to be a little outdated so I got the impression this may have been drafted in the summer. For example, he didn't mention how good the football we had seen so far this season, or anything about Melbourne.

I still think they'll put up both ends at the same time.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Soriano states in the annual report "public consultation on the potential expansion of the Etihad Stadium to a capacity of 54,000 and in time 60,000".

I'd disagree. The whole report has the feel about it that it was drafted some months ago. It doesn't really go into depth about our on field performances this season, nor does it mention Melbourne Heart once.

I think it was drafted in the pre season and has been copied and pasted into the report as and when. Still both ends at the same time for me.

flipmode said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I'd disagree. The whole report has the feel about it that it was drafted some months ago. It doesn't really go into depth about our on field performances this season, nor does it mention Melbourne Heart once.

I think it was drafted in the pre season and has been copied and pasted into the report as and when. Still both ends at the same time for me.

I think we wouldn't delve into too much detail about this season's performances as it was a report on last season, and I think it was done maybe a month or two a go at most, Melbourne was literally a few weeks ago.

The point was also reiterated in the community section and if the plan had changed I don't see why someone proof reading wouldn't bring it up and change it.

As much as I would like both ends to be done for both the statement of intent and to avoid the stadium looking lop-sided, I believe it will be done South Stand first, followed by North Stand when (not if) required.

My thinking is based on the same concept of how the Middle-East countries control oil supply to maintain price. I think some of that strategy will be seen here. I think with current waiting list numbers we can reasonably expect to sell 54,000 for all Premier League games and that is great news. What I can't see just yet, is our ability to do 60,000 for the likes of midweek games against Fulham, Stoke, Palace to name just a few.

And in a commercial world, half of the problem in convincing people/companies to buy corporate packages is the illusion that they are buying into something exclusive. Clearly then, huge amounts of unsold seats would not be great.

The 2 stage approach also allows for a new City Square and Club Shop (Hypermarket) to be constructed whilst both of those successful assets in their current location can continue to function.

In short, I won't be overly disappointed to hear it is just the South Stand first as I know the decision will be getting made for sound logistical reasons and that the eventual location of the Club Shop, Square and even Circle, will be the best available.

If success continues, CL qualification year on year, I suspect that the North Stand will be done by 2018/19. It's delay will also maintain the feeling of more good things to come by giving us something to look forward to!

Real Madrid reveal the new Bernabeu!. Looks good. seemingly enclosed too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25978150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25978150</a>

_72651025_real2.jpg

_72675188_real5.jpg

_72678769_bern.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.