Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
lyonfish said:
My take on adding extra rows at the front is that they won't lower the whole pitch, just dig down around the edge and reprofile the run off so that it looks similar to the swamp (I hope it'll look better though), also the new seating will have a slightly shallower rake so the view wont be as good it is in the current front rows. But it is only an extra 3 rows of seating so the shallow rake wont make much difference.

I would expect they would rebuild the south stand first as expanding the north stand also means relocating city square for which there would need to be further planning permission.

Why would you need to move City Square?

The plans for the stadium were developed well before the City Square idea was even conceived, let alone constructed.

GXCity said:
lyonfish said:
My take on adding extra rows at the front is that they won't lower the whole pitch, just dig down around the edge and reprofile the run off so that it looks similar to the swamp (I hope it'll look better though), also the new seating will have a slightly shallower rake so the view wont be as good it is in the current front rows. But it is only an extra 3 rows of seating so the shallow rake wont make much difference.

I would expect they would rebuild the south stand first as expanding the north stand also means relocating city square for which there would need to be further planning permission.

The plans for the stadium were developed well before the City Square idea was even conceived, let alone constructed.

Also the souvenir shop, there needs to be a certain ampunt of space around the outside of the ground to accomodate the pre/post match crowds, the bigger the crowd the more space you need. Currently there is enough space around the ground for a 54,000 crowd, the current capacity plus the expanded south stand, but an expanded north stand takes the capacity to over 60,000 for which you would need to increase the space around the ground, as I understand it the proposal is to make space by getting rid of the souvenir shop and city square. I cant imagine the club would get rid of them completely so I assume they would have to be relocated somewhere else.

lyonfish said:
GXCity said:
lyonfish said:

Also the souvenir shop, there needs to be a certain ampunt of space around the outside of the ground to accomodate the pre/post match crowds, the bigger the crowd the more space you need. Currently there is enough space around the ground for a 54,000 crowd, the current capacity plus the expanded south stand, but an expanded north stand takes the capacity to over 60,000 for which you would need to increase the space around the ground, as I understand it the proposal is to make space by getting rid of the souvenir shop and city square. I cant imagine the club would get rid of them completely so I assume they would have to be relocated somewhere else.

The souvenir shop and City Square are staying exactly where they are. As I said, why would the club build something and then knock it down? The expansion plans were developed well before City Square was even thought of.

The shop and square are even shown on the plans which have been released in the exact position they are now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-etihad-expansion-plans-6170099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ns-6170099</a>

Drove past today. The site hoarding has started going up at the south stand. A guy I know from Laing was on site. It's started!!!!

If we are planning to dig now to add further seats, when would be able to do this? Seems like shit loads of work considering you've only got 3 months for may to get it finished. Shouldn't we be concentrating on filling the extension first before adding more seats.

Manchester_lalala said:
If we are planning to dig now to add further seats, when would be able to do this? Seems like shit loads of work considering you've only got 3 months for may to get it finished. Shouldn't we be concentrating on filling the extension first before adding more seats.

Would only take 2 weeks to dig down.

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
If i recall correctly, the planning application for City Square especially, stated that it was only a temporary construction.......I'm sure the documents will be on here somewhere from a few years back.

The new North Stand will cover what is now the stage area and talking some of the ticket office people they are planning to relocate away from the building they are in now when the new Mini-had/Campus is complete. Wasn't there a mention somewhere about the retail being moved over their as well?

The removal of the Citystore would allow City Square to remain.

gouldybob said:
Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
If i recall correctly, the planning application for City Square especially, stated that it was only a temporary construction.......I'm sure the documents will be on here somewhere from a few years back.

The new North Stand will cover what is now the stage area and talking some of the ticket office people they are planning to relocate away from the building they are in now when the new Mini-had/Campus is complete. Wasn't there a mention somewhere about the retail being moved over their as well?

The removal of the Citystore would allow City Square to remain.

There are "commercial space" marked to the minihad.. might be that perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.